If there were a Muppet Marathon on television

muppet boy

Reaction score
I know it will probably not happen soon... not until the new movie comes out if at all....but I was just thinking, wouldn't be wonderful if some channel out there could have muppet marathons? They could show a bunch of muppet movies during these marathons Like The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan. During the Christmas Season, they could show A Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and Letters to Santa. Hopefully ABC, ABC Family, The Disney Channel, The Hub, or NBC could pick this idea up....does it seem likely that they would? I mean the muppets are regaining popularity slowly but surely. They might never be as popular as they once where but I think its a wonderful idea.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember that on Memorial Day in 1993 Nickelodeon did air a Muppet marathon, featuring The Frog Prince, The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, The Secrets of the Muppets, Hey Cinderella, and episodes of Muppet Babies (I remember them showing a special one hour and two MB episodes the next).

Back in 1993 Nickelodeon had a programing block called "Nick Mania", airing marathon's of it's shows in this slot, shown on saturdays and sundays, for two hours a day, same programs both days. There was a Muppet Babies marathon in Nick Mania once. Nick Mania basically replaced Special Delivery and then got repalced by Muppet Matinee on saturdays and Weinerville on sundays. I think there might have been other Muppet Babies marathons as well.

The Disney Channel used to (and maybe still does) have friday night marathons, and one day back in 1995 The Disney Channel aired a marathon featuring The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets at Walt Disney World. I didn't have The Disney Channel at the time, but I do have an issue of Disney Channel Magazine which mentioned that marathon.

I wonder if The Odyssey Channel ever showed any Muppet marathons.
I wish that The Disney Channel and ABC Family would show Muppet marathons these days.

Quesal

Reaction score
Muppet marathons would be great, but if whatever network that did it, edited them for commercials and whatnot in any way, fans would prolly notice and be a lil annoyed. Maybe thats why we dont see Muppet Marathons on TV that much

TSSD

Reaction score
ABC Family would probably be the best and most likely channel for this, but does Disney own the rights to all the movies?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet marathons would be great, but if whatever network that did it, edited them for commercials and whatnot in any way, fans would prolly notice and be a lil annoyed. Maybe thats why we dont see Muppet Marathons on TV that much
Many things get edited on TV, for time and content. Syndicated reruns of shows, Peanuts specials, TV broadcasts of movies, classic cartoon shorts... Fans of those most likely got a little annoyed by the edits, but why should the possibilities of edits be any different for Muppets (aside from the fact that we are all fans)?