1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If they were to make a new Muppet Babies....

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Alpha Centauri, Nov 17, 2009.

1. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

I hope that if they did a new Muppet babies that miss piggy would have the same dress that she had in the old one i love that outfit so much on her it fit perfect for here personality .
  2. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha- Sam with a red, white and blue diaper and bib! That's awesome! LOL. It would be cool to see a new Muppet Babies that included a different variety of Muppet Babies. Wouldn't it be funny to see some of the Muppet monsters as babies? I could see Sweetums working maybe- hmm, Beautiful Day Monster? DogLion?...:confused::eek::D
  3. What about Miss Kitty?
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd honestly see Sam as a much older kid, or at least a kid who thinks he's older than he really is.

I can envision an episode where Nanny has to go out and has to have a teenage version of Sam baby sit. And as a baby sitter, he refuses to let the kids have any fun, and promotes educational activities. By the end, the Babies show him that eve he has to hang loose and pretend once in a while... ending with them imagining they're in revolutionary war times.
  5. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

I'd also envision Muppet Baby versions of the Pajanimals, too!

I'd picture an episode where Nanny takes the babies to a farm, and the babies learning about animals, and it featuring the Pajanimals as babies, showing the babies all around their farm, and singing songs (like "La-La-Lullaby"), using imaginations, and also preventing Animal from wreaking havoc on everyone during their visit, but even with Sam's help, things don't go so well as planned. However, by the end of the episode, everyone gets along and the babies even invite Apollo, Squacky, Sweetpea Sue, and Cow Bella to their nursery for a sleep-over (with the baby Pajanimals singing "La-La-Lullaby" to put the babies to sleep for the night).
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Sweetums would make a most adorable baby Muppet...I once had a dream about buying a Baby Sweetums stuffed toy...It was very huggable.
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I like it.
  8. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

Sweetums would make a good baby Muppet, too.
  9. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

Probably. :)

I guess what I meant to ask was, other than scientific characters like Bunsen and Beaker, who would baby versions of Sid, Gabriela, Gerald, and May hang out with?
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Gabriela and Skeeter would totally hang out together. I can see both Sid and Gerald with Fozzie, Fozzie would love playing with Sid's microphone (especially since it has a built in laugh track and applause though it would still probably boo and throw a tomato at Fozzie when he used it) and Gerald has that whole class clown element.
  11. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

That's exactly what I thought! I'd guess May would most likely hang out with Scooter and not Miss Piggy (seeing as May isn't a "pretty-princess" type of character like Miss Piggy).
  12. HauntedPuppet

HauntedPuppet New Member

What about a new adventure with Jen and Kira's kids . . . baby / young Gelflings? With todays digital puppeteering like Avatar they could make a pretty impressive film.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Could you imagine Gerald and Animal together? Holy cow!
  14. Drtooth

Anyone else get the horrifying feeling if we DID get a new Muppet Babies, it would be the same Dora module of educational TV? The thought of Kermit talking baby talk to the audience and asking where something hidden in plain sight makes me flesh crawl.
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I don't think even Disney would dumb down the Muppets that much.
  16. muppzd

muppzd Member

I agree the babies should be able to go outside but expand even more and go on exciting trips every episode and still have that imagination thing going on plus they could meet other muppet babies like maybe baby hogthrob and baby strangepork at a space museum or Sam the Eagle in washington d.c. mayde Sweetums or Dogllion at a horror movie and I think they should have the rest of the electric mayhem as babies (Including Lips) I also think Clifford, Beauregard, Bobo, Rizzo and Pepe would make cool babies and they should go to school with even more Muppet characters:D
  17. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

well look at what they've done to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My friends Tigger and Pooh. (they didn't even bring back christopher robin instead we get this girl and her dog invading the hundred acre woods.)
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I didn't like the move of the girl and her dog. You are right about that.
  19. Drtooth

It's an unfortunate trend in preschool shows... the talking loud and slow and pretending to be interactive (Hey boys and girls, Dora can't here what you're saying, and you really can't affect her movements or choices one way or another because they all had to be scripted and animated, and it's not a computer game!) Only thing I like about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is the fact that Disney put the characters that built their entertainment empire in the public eye... well... that and the fact it has Ludwig VonDrake and Big Bad Pete in it. Pooh didn't need any of the futzing around with the character since he was on everything already to begin with.

I'd hate to see a Muppet Babies show that's similar to that. it would be a billion times worse than Elmo's World.

That said... remember... no matter which characters would look cool as babies, there's a certain amount of character chemistry and a huge huge cast may easily overshadow itself. When they added Bean to the cast in the old show, the writers barely knew what to do with him.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I would like to see a baby Rizzo. What do Baby rats look like?