If you were to conceive a new SS film..

D'Snowth

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
*a movie that takes place on the street, with somebody attempting to tear down the street, and the sesame street residents would try to save the street (yes, I know that this plot was already done in "stars and streets forever", but that was an hour-long special, with commercial breaks and clips from the show). I would try the best I could to get kermit the frog to make cameos throughout the movie. I would also try hard to convince sesame workshop to rebuild bruno (and sam the robot, if he needs to be rebuilt), since there would be a lot of wide shots of the street.
Hmm, that's a good idea, I actually believe I once had a dream similar to this plot. Was this "Stars and Streets Forever" special Sesame Street, or another show? This plot was also done in Hey Arnold!: The Movie, except it was the entire neighbor they had to save.

BEAR

Reaction score
Would you give us a synopsis of "Stars and Streets Forever"?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Hmm, that's a good idea, I actually believe I once had a dream similar to this plot. Was this "Stars and Streets Forever" special Sesame Street, or another show? This plot was also done in Hey Arnold!: The Movie, except it was the entire neighbor they had to save.
Yes, it was a Sesame Street special. the full title is Sesame Street's All-Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Streets Forever", and it was broadcast on ABC on May 18, 1994.

This was the 25th anniversary special, The plot involved a man named Ronald Grump (played by Joe pesci and based on Donald trump), who wanted to tear down Sesame Street and build a Grump Tower, and a news reporter, kathy Lee Kathy (played by Julia Louis Dreyfus and based on kathy lee gilford) covered this story. The special featured many clip montages, and special appearances by various celebrities, such as danny devito, rita pearlman, regis philbin, kathy lee gilford and more. some of the clips included in this special included the original version of being green, jim carrey demosntrating happy feet, the celebrity version of Monster In The Mirror, cookie monster driving a train in Beat The Time, the adults seeing mr. snuffleupagus for the very first time, and much much more. Like in 20 and still counting and the other 25th anniversary special, this one ended with the cast singing "sing".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Yes, it was a Sesame Street special. the full title is Sesame Street's All-Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Streets Forever", and it was broadcast on ABC on May 18, 1994.

This was the 25th anniversary special, The plot involved a man named Ronald Grump (played by Joe pesci and based on Donald trump), who wanted to tear down Sesame Street and build a Grump Tower, and a news reporter, kathy Lee Kathy (played by Julia Louis Dreyfus and based on kathy lee gilford) covered this story. The special featured many clip montages, and special appearances by various celebrities, such as danny devito, rita pearlman, regis philbin, kathy lee gilford and more. some of the clips included in this special included the original version of being green, jim carrey demosntrating happy feet, the celebrity version of Monster In The Mirror, cookie monster driving a train in Beat The Time, the adults seeing mr. snuffleupagus for the very first time, and much much more. Like in 20 and still counting and the other 25th anniversary special, this one ended with the cast singing "sing".
Joe Pesci on Sesame Street? Cool! Wow, this sounds like some fun special! I love the celebrity version of Monster in the Mirror. I think it would be better though, if they added the comedians of Whose Line Is It Anyway in there, and replace the Simpson with Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I don't know what the story would be about, but there would be less Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Baby Bear, and more characters we haven't seen in a while, like Biff and Sully, Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, the 2 Headed Monster. Also I would like to see Snuffleupagus (I think he should have been in Elmo in Grouchland somewhere)

BEAR

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
I don't know what the story would be about, but there would be less Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Baby Bear, and more characters we haven't seen in a while, like Biff and Sully, Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, the 2 Headed Monster. Also I would like to see Snuffleupagus (I think he should have been in Elmo in Grouchland somewhere)

Hey, yeah! I wonder why Snuffy wasn't in Elmo in Grouchland!