Igel Pepe on the way???

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Finally got my PBToys order with Bunson and Beeker (placed the order in December-- but that's a different story) and Pepe is on the side of the box! In the little squares where the other Igel plushes are pictured (Gonzo, Kermit, Piggy, etc.) there is a Pepe in a red sweater (might be a sweatshirt). It looks like a photo from the same series as those for sale at MuppetFest-- with the green background. Hmmm. If there was a photo of Pepe in that series, why wasn't it for sale with the others? Have I just not noticed Pepe on the Igel boxes before, or is this new?

Could it be that there is an Igel Pepe on the way???!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We discussed this last year when Bunsen and Beaker came out. It's good to hear they have been restocked. We all were wondering about this and I think I may have been the first to report the pic, but others noticed it too. There is no Pepe now, but there were some rumors that one would be released this year. It doesn't seem likely since there has been no press on it, but he definitely seems to be the next in line for plushdom and seeing that he is on the box must confirm plans of some sort. Here is a pic I mocked up last summer to show what he might look like as a plush. Keep in mind this is not a real doll!

http://www.jamesvier.com/etc/pepebox.jpg

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wow, where did you get that picture of Pepe from?Hasnt Igel finished?

Camellia

Reaction score
Igel EMtv merchandise

hi, while I don't have the marketing contracts from Junior Toys (formerly known as Igel Toys) which was owned by EM.tv and Thomas Haffa's company while he was (former) owner of "The marketing rights to the Muppets".... I can't imagine Junior toys (Igel) still having rights with Disney now owning marketing etc rights to the Muppets.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Check out the date on the posts-- this thread is from four years ago. No Pepe plush on the horizon here.

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm glad someone pointed that out.

muppetperson

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Check out the date on the posts-- this thread is from four years ago. No Pepe plush on the horizon here.
Thanks.I can remember that there was going to be Pepe plush.I rang Henson licensing when Nanco came out with their amusement win only plush and asked how I could get one.They told me that a retail Pepe was coming out soon.Now I know who the manufactuer was to have been.Lets hope Master Replicas make a photo puppet Pepe.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
We discussed this last year when Bunsen and Beaker came out. It's good to hear they have been restocked. We all were wondering about this and I think I may have been the first to report the pic, but others noticed it too. There is no Pepe now, but there were some rumors that one would be released this year. It doesn't seem likely since there has been no press on it, but he definitely seems to be the next in line for plushdom and seeing that he is on the box must confirm plans of some sort. Here is a pic I mocked up last summer to show what he might look like as a plush. Keep in mind this is not a real doll!

http://www.jamesvier.com/etc/pepebox.jpg
wow what a shame it looked pretty good!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
That picture wasn't a real picture for it. Frogboy4 created the picture to show perhaps what it might have been. It's not even a real picture from the company.

frogboy 4 said:
Here is a pic I mocked up last summer to show what he might look like as a plush. Keep in mind this is not a real doll!
But it was a nice dream anyways. XD