1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

I'm @ it again

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by BorkBork, Jan 11, 2003.

1. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

this time i am going to make a bert puppet. The only thing i am wondering about is the eyes. There are similar shapes availible in wood, but i'm worried it won't get the look i am after, shine-wise.

Any suggestions anyone?
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Glossy paint, but I wouldn't suggest using wood.

Ever get Shwan's ice cream? The ice cream bucket lids make great eyes, and they might work for Bert's if it's cut right and put onto his face right.

Give various things a try. But, with plastic, you would still need to use the paint.
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

paint it with acrylic and then spray it with clear coat.
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

sounds like an excuse to eat ice cream....

Sarah
  5. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Light wood (balsa or the kind of wood shapes you buy in a craft store) actually works surprisingly well....but it's heavy than plastic! :rolleyes:
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

they're not that heavvy, i have lookead at some in the craft shop. I think they will work. I'll try them, because i can't find any other shape like that over here.