1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I'm new to the "Bear" den

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by doctort13, Jul 25, 2005.

1. doctort13

doctort13 Member

I am a new father, my daughter will be 9 months old on Wednesday. We recently began borrowing Bear DVDs from our library and really enjoy watching them with her.
    Can any of the older Bear fans on the boards tell me why the original show was canceled? I know that Disney now airs the "Breakfast" show, but from wht I've read it's not as good as the original show, besides...we do not subscribe to cable TV.

I guess I'll just have to start buying the DVDs for her to enjoy.
  2. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Don't they still show re-runs on the Disney channel?
  3. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Disney has a policy about kids shows, which is to only shoot 200 or so episodes and stop production. This way, it's cheaper, and they have enough shows to rerun. Bear hit that mark, therefore it ended.
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I believe Disney Channel only airs the show on Weekends.
  5. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

I thought so, but I wasn"nt sure. thx
  6. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for the DVDs!

Too bad that Disney stopped the show, I really dig it.
  7. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Why stop their?

What is this show even about? I never watched it, just because I heard it was bad(whitch is stupid). I do however want to start watching it.. The reason I never watched it was that I kept hearing that it was a rip-off of BarneyTM. Is that actually true?

Drake.
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Yep at 6:30 am still :smirk:
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Rip off of Barney? Ummm....no.
  10. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

That's what I was thinking BEAR. I didn't understand either, I will probally try to catch the show on Saturday.. or I will check to see if it is on during the week.
  11. jamminjake

jamminjake New Member

Disney cancels most shows after 65 episodes. However, there are/were a few exceptions Ducktales, and now That's So Raven.
  12. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Now I'm sure Lizzie Maguire ran more than 65 episodes, right?
  13. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Bear vs. Barney

You can also find Bear DVDs/videos at your public library. I have watched it with my daughter and will say that it's a million times better than that purple pedophile.

Barney rips off nursery rhymes by changing the lyrics and adding dumbed down/PC lyrics of it's own (His theme song is a version of "This Old Man"). While BITBBH has original songs on every show.

Barney is a very boring, simple walk around suit voiced by someone other than the puppeteer. Bear is a puppet similar to Big Bird, with the puppeteer saying his lines while recording the show (the songs are pre-recorded). There are many other puppet characters in Woodland Valley, each with it's own personality PLUS! Barney characters are like watching cardboard. Boring.

Give Bear a try, it's fun and it's smart!
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I agree. Bear is good for kids to watch. He is a wonderful host and the show does not talk down to its young viewers (similar to Sesame Street only I would probably say more so). The characters are comforting and Bear is a good "Big Brother" type of role model. Smart, fun, and the music is great!
  15. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Wow, thanks.. I never really like Barney when I was little either. Same thing every show like you said. So, I'll try the Bear and see how it is..
  16. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

when ever i babysitted my niece i would watch barney she loved it i told here stories of chopping his head off she loved it
  17. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Hahah, are you serious.

Remember PJ the yellow triceratops and then the green one.. Baby bob or something?
  18. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

it was Bj and Baby Bop haha this is bad
  19. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Wow, this brings back some memories. I surely hope Bear is better than big purple dinosaur. I'm going to try and catch Bear in the big blue house this weekend.