I'm new!

Kermie Lover

Reaction score
I told myself this would happen, I thought my computer had screwed up!

grail

Reaction score
oops...sorry about that. i guess your "drag queen Kermit" reminded me of a friend of mine. sorry again!

it seems to be like this all the time around here...so many wierd (but supremely cool) people!

Kermie Lover

Reaction score
Raid the Dollar Stores!

Who was this friend of yours that had the drag fetish, Grail?:stick_out_tongue: Well, anyways I posted practically the same message like 30 minutes ago and it didn't come through so I gotta write it again! I don't know if all dollar stores carry the same merchandise nationally(U.S.), but at the stores in my area(particularly the 'Dollar Tree') I've been finding some great Muppet books for kids at deep discount prices:smile:. I've bought a few that even date back to the early '80's! How did leftover stock from as early as 1982 not turn up until now, I don't know, but I do know that I like it !:cool: This means replacements for those old chewed up Muppet Baby books- my fellow children of the '80's! I don't think the "Friends and Family" section was the best place for this post, but I just thought I'd get this out there to anyone who might not already know about it. Check it out!

grail

Reaction score
heh...i used to be a manager at dollar tree...

basically, they buy stuff that's been sitting in someone's warehouse for years. it's stuff that's been sitting there, taking up space, for so long that they're almost BEGGING gor someone to come buy it. then a store like dollar tree will back up the truck, get a ton of stuff for pennies, and then turn around and sell it for tons less than it's worth. it works out well sometimes...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kermie Lover

Weclcome to the board! Always room for another Kermit lover 'round here.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Raid the Dollar Stores!

Originally posted by Kermie Lover
I don't know if all dollar stores carry the same merchandise nationally(U.S.), but at the stores in my area(particularly the 'Dollar Tree') I've been finding some great Muppet books for kids at deep discount prices:smile:. I've bought a few that even date back to the early '80's! How did leftover stock from as early as 1982 not turn up until now, I don't know, but I do know that I like it !:cool: This means replacements for those old chewed up Muppet Baby books- my fellow children of the '80's! I don't think the "Friends and Family" section was the best place for this post, but I just thought I'd get this out there to anyone who might not already know about it. Check it out!
Very cool information. May I suggest that you post it again... this time under "Merchandise", with the same title (maybe Raid the Dollar Store for Muppety Goodness, or something like that)? That way people will be sure to see it, where as it might get lost here. Not everyone reads every thread, so if you have information to share, you have to entice 'em in with a good thread topic. Just a tip for you, as well as a welcome to the Forum. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
NOOOOOOO!!!

Youve given away the dollar store muppet secret...

Yes folks, over the years you woul dnot believe the volume of MFS, MT and othe rMuppet goodness that comes to that store for just a buck!