I'm so excited!!!

Bulldawg

Reaction score
its okay Beaker... i was kinda inna bad mood when i was reading it anyway. i apologize for my response.

actually im not a big fan of the Matrix. i was just happy about the band who got to be a part of the whole thing.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
wait a second(looking back at my original post) I didnt say anything bad about P.O.D., just said I wasnt into their music...man, I felt bad for nothing...
Ya might wanna be more careful, though---I don't know P.O.D., but I can see how a passionate fan could easily interpret your remarks as insulting.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bulldawg
its okay Beaker... i was kinda inna bad mood when i was reading it anyway. i apologize for my response.

actually im not a big fan of the Matrix. i was just happy about the band who got to be a part of the whole thing.
Aw tis cool man, I really should read posts more carefully, didnt see ya actually knew em(I never think someone actually knows big radio MTV stars) I was more referencing the genre in general...itd be like if you had mentioned N*Sync, I would have said "Not those boy bands again!" (And man arent we glad Lucas cut out the N*Sync Episode Two cameo!) P.O.D. have a huge following(ie: mainstream) so the fact I would lampoon them means they got pretty big, heh.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I was more referencing the genre in general...itd be like if you had mentioned N*Sync, I would have said "Not those boy bands again!" (And man arent we glad Lucas cut out the N*Sync Episode Two cameo!) P.O.D. have a huge following(ie: mainstream) so the fact I would lampoon them means they got pretty big, heh.
So wait a minute... are you saying ALL mainstream bands are bad?

Personally, I have to disagree. I'm not one of those people who will like something just because it's popular, but I'm also not one of those people who will hate something just because it's popular. Granted, there's a lot of marketing crap directed at prepubescent teens (ie. N'Sync, Christina Agueilara... or however you spell that) and now even more so directed at the prepubescent "rebellious" (and I use that term loosely) teens (like... grrrr... Avril Lavigne!!! ><), but that definitely doesn't mean that many a popular band didn't work hard to get to be as popular as they are.

I mean, let's say your favourite underground techno/house/ska/whatever-you-kids-listen-to-nowadays became an international success. You'd still like them for their music, right?

The underground scene is great too, but let's face it. It's partially cool cuz it is underground. (Although, there are definitely some bands out there who could go mainstream and are just excellent)

^_^ Debo

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
but that definitely doesn't mean that many a popular band didn't work hard to get to be as popular as they are.
exactly.
and P.O.D. started in 1991.
they wandered among the underground for nearly 8 years..and had a slow rise to mainstream success. it took a lot of time and effort on the part of a LOT of people. it wasnt an overnight kinda thing.