important messages

maxdrive

Reaction score
I was jsu tthinking that sesame street a tleast here has stoped showing important lessons in there eppisods wha ti mean is i wa slistening to muppet central radio and they played a old song by rooservelt Franklin the skin Im in bassicly saying he is proud to be wha the is that is very cool but it made me think of the eppisode that delt with predijest it goes that Geena and savion were playing together though sesame street and someone calls hooper store when they were there and told them to stop doing that because she was white and he was black i dont remeber all of it but tha tis am impotant message tolerence but you dont see shows or songs like that any more and i wonder why ether they dont want to teach that or they dont think the kids are smart enough to teach stuff like that again.

Jenny

Reaction score
Hi, :smile: Yeah, Seseme Street has really changed, They still have number, and letter of the day. But there lessons usually don't get to serious. And they have Elmo's World now, which is 20 min. of the show. I miss alot of the older stuff, and I miss alot of puppets?

Jenny

Reaction score
When any one else was little, did they think Prarie Dawn's name was Prarie Dog? I did, lol.

What is your most missed muppet on Sesame street?

Mine has to be Kermit, and Forgetful. :smile:

DTF

Reaction score
I think I remember thinking it was Praire Dog, too :smile:

They had the one this past season about Rosita's voice which was kind of like what you're talking about with the accent, and people making fun of it. But, on the whole, you're right.

OTOH, what you're talking about is likely from the very early days, and perhaps the peple at SS figure it's not as important to teach about equality because kids are more used to it now.

However, there are 2 reasons why this is not the right way to go, as you say. First, these important lessons still do need to be taught, and it was done in a fun way, so it should be fun now, too. Second, the old dage that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

So, yeah, they should have some more serious lessons, too. It's not just about letters and numbers, it's about sharing, compassion, kindness, taking turns, all that stuff. Unless that weird looking Global Thingy was supposed to be the way to convey those, but I got nothing out of that when I saw it a few times. I could kind of imagine what they might be trying to convey, but if I had trouble figuring out what in the world (pun intended, I like them :smile: that Global thingy was doing, a 5YO sure will have trouble.