Important! The Herry thread

Thijs

Reaction score
As I announced before, I am making a Sesame Street Encyclopia on internet.

I want to start easily.

First I am making one page with as many as possible pictures of characters. When you click on a picture, you can read a bio of that character.

The first character I want to write about is Herry.

So, post everything you know, like or hate about Herry. If you are all going to help, I am sure it`s going to be a great site.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
First off all, I think that you should be commended on deciding to start this massive project. Secondly, I hope that your site, when sufficiently finished, will be navigable for persons like myself who are visually challenged. That's why I hope your site not only contains bios of the characters, but descriptions of them as well. Third, a good starting source is the Sesame Street Magazine celebrating Sesame's 20th anniversary. If you can find it, there are several character bios in a small booklet inserted within that particular mag's pages. Fourth, as to Herry himself:
a. His name is Herry Monster.
b. He's a big blue monster with a black eyebrow over both his eyes. In some sketches, he has a blue nose, though the classic version of Herry has a purplish or violet vertically ovaled nose.
c. His good points are that he's really strong, can lift heavy objects, unfortunately breaks smaller objects due to his strength, and carries a male doll named Hercules.
d. He's usually shown as wearing pants with white and purplish or violet vertical stripes in most animation books.
e. His family has four members: himself, Herry's Dad and Mom both found in the book "Sesame Street Songs and Poems", and his baby sister, Flossie.
Fifth, if you're looking for a good source of a listing of Sesame Street characters, then why don't you meander over to my"Muppet Masterlist 4.0" thread buried in the Classic Muppets section of the forum. Hope this helps you on the right path!

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
First off all, I think that you should be commended on deciding to start this massive project. Secondly, I hope that your site, when sufficiently finished, will be navigable for persons like myself who are visually challenged. That's why I hope your site not only contains bios of the characters, but descriptions of them as well. Third, a good starting source is the Sesame Street Magazine celebrating Sesame's 20th anniversary. If you can find it, there are several character bios in a small booklet inserted within that particular mag's pages. Fourth, as to Herry himself:
a. His name is Herry Monster.
b. He's a big blue monster with a black eyebrow over both his eyes. In some sketches, he has a blue nose, though the classic version of Herry has a purplish or violet vertically ovaled nose.
c. His good points are that he's really strong, can lift heavy objects, unfortunately breaks smaller objects due to his strength, and carries a male doll named Hercules.
d. He's usually shown as wearing pants with white and purplish or violet vertical stripes in most animation books.
e. His family has four members: himself, Herry's Dad and Mom both found in the book "Sesame Street Songs and Poems", and his baby sister, Flossie.
Fifth, if you're looking for a good source of a listing of Sesame Street characters, then why don't you meander over to my"Muppet Masterlist 4.0" thread buried in the Classic Muppets section of the forum. Hope this helps you on the right path!
Thanks a lot Count! Of course I will add a description. Remember, I don`t pretend to make the perfect website. First I want it to be better then the SS websites currently on the web.

One big problem for me, making this site, is that I don`t live in the US. I can only watch the dutch version, wich contains only skits without the US humans (like Hooper) and without Big Bird (because we have our own Big Bird and kids could become confused). And another problem is that they don`t sell the Sesame Street magazines, and Unpaved in The Netherlands. So it all depends on the rare things I see and of course on the people on the forum.

Thijs

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your warm response. If you're looking for any print material like either Sesame Street Unpaved or the mags, you could always head over to ebay.com or amazon.com and plug in a search in their engines. Tried it myself a couple of times and they do have some copies of the book in stock. Maybe this might help to create your site, cause you can always place a bid or order it right away!

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Thanks for your warm response. If you're looking for any print material like either Sesame Street Unpaved or the mags, you could always head over to ebay.com or amazon.com and plug in a search in their engines. Tried it myself a couple of times and they do have some copies of the book in stock. Maybe this might help to create your site, cause you can always place a bid or order it right away!
I started today.

I am always a little afraid of internet-shopping. Maybe I try it one of these days. But it is great fun making bio`s with all the forum members.