In the spirit of Halloween - your favorite movies to watch this time of year!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------
Peter Lorre is awesome. I still get an image of him in mind on those days I'm having a stress meltdown...I call them my Renfield days.

Lorre/Renfield standing at the bottom of the ship's hold when the ghost ship is inspected at the docks, looking up crazily at the cops: "Hee hee, hee hee, hee hee!"
----------------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
---------------------
Peter Lorre is awesome. I still get an image of him in mind on those days I'm having a stress meltdown...I call them my Renfield days.

Lorre/Renfield standing at the bottom of the ship's hold when the ghost ship is inspected at the docks, looking up crazily at the cops: "Hee hee, hee hee, hee hee!"
----------------------
Lol, I remember that but actually that was Dwight Fyre who played Renfield in Dracula. But actually it's often said Dwight Fyre probably would have gotten Peter Lorre's roles had Peter not come to America, hehe.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
MY bad! It's been a long while since I've seen it, is my sad excuse. Thanks for the correction. :news:

Anyone else like the old Hammer horror flicks? They got away with a surprising amount of sex and gore, though the gore always looks a bit like a bad paint job...

--------------------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
MY bad! It's been a long while since I've seen it, is my sad excuse. Thanks for the correction. :news:

Anyone else like the old Hammer horror flicks? They got away with a surprising amount of sex and gore, though the gore always looks a bit like a bad paint job...
No prob, my Dad has it on tape so I'm very familiar, hehe. I've learned about most classic horror movies from my Dad, including the Hammer horror films which are occasionally shown on TCM. They're definitely in a class by themselves, lol. I only knew Peter Cushing as the bad guy from Star Wars so it was interesting seeing him play a good guy.