in the words of grandpa joe...YIPEEEEEE!!!

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
its no boot leg,it's the real deal!i got it at the book store for only 50 bucks!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow, that is super-cool. Are we talking American 1st Edition or British?

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
british,number one!
in the first few months of the release,the oompa loomoa's were african american,but people calle roald dahl racist,and made them rosey white.i got the one with the african american oompa loompa's!!!it mak's it more rare!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
chestermcdragon said:
british,number one!
in the first few months of the release,the oompa loomoa's were african american,but people calle roald dahl racist,and made them rosey white.i got the one with the african american oompa loompa's!!!it mak's it more rare!
I was wondering about that. I've heard of that edition. Technically, though, wouldn't the Oompa-Loompas be "African-British" in that edition? :smile: I think what I've heard is that they're described as "black pygmies from Africa." Even with the changes, I've always been a bit confused--I could never tell whether the bit about the Oompa-Loompas coming out of the trees to live and work in the factory was promoting British imperialism, or satirizing it. I've always been a little uncomfortable with that.