Interesting magazine on Ebay

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
that's awesome. I put it on my watch list! Not that I could afford to bid right now, but just curious as to how much it'll go for. That scene is so secret y'know?

Beauregard

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
that's awesome. I put it on my watch list! Not that I could afford to bid right now, but just curious as to how much it'll go for. That scene is so secret y'know?
What's so secret about the scene?

P.S. Sold for $45

Beth C

Reaction score
Beauregard said:

P.S. Sold for $45
The secret is you never see it. It was cut from the commercial version due to the fact that John died in an airplane crash and it's just a sensitive issue. I've never personally seen the scene and would love to.

~Beth C

Whatever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Have you seen the scene? You don't know what it is if you don't know what it is. :wink:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Beth C said:
The secret is you never see it. It was cut from the commercial version due to the fact that John died in an airplane crash and it's just a sensitive issue. I've never personally seen the scene and would love to.

~Beth C
I've seen pictures and read the bit from the screenplay. It's too bad it was cut because 1. Rowlf is my favorite Muppet and 2. like Kermit riding a bicycle, it was a huge achievement in puppetry.

Beauregard

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
No, he hasn't. But I thought the scene was in the original cut, but just not on the DVD. So, surely someone's seen it, no?

Or maybe I am wrong, was it in when it was originally aired on TV?

Beth C

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
No, he hasn't. But I thought the scene was in the original cut, but just not on the DVD. So, surely someone's seen it, no?

Or maybe I am wrong, was it in when it was originally aired on TV?
It was originally aired with the scene intact as there was no problem with the scene, John was alive and well and very much in love with flying. It wasn't until after his death and the rerelease of the special on DVD and VHS that the scene was cut for the aforementioned reason.

I still would like to see the scene. I bet that magazine had a lot of good tidbits.

~Beth C