1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Interlacing on the Muppet Babies DVD's

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by erniebert1234ss, Sep 2, 2007.

1. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Maybe I'm stupid, but I didn't see ANY interlacing being used with the Muppet Babies DVDs that came with the plush toys until today. I ripped The Daily Muppet to my computer, and I saw a TON of examples of excessive interlacing! That, to me, smacks of not caring AT ALL about the Muppet Babies. Of course, it's just another reason why I'm not buying ANYTHING else released by the Betesh Group again, EVER.

And if anyone else out there has image files of the other episodes on these DVDs (esp. Gonzo's Video Show), PLEASE send me a PM, since it will be necessary to get them and try these others out to see if there were interlacing issues with those other episodes (and it's kinda illegal). BTW, Steve Swanson and I am going to be chatting on Tuesday about the Muppet Babies and I'd like them, if possible, before then. Thanks!

BJ
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what exactly is interlacing?
    :)
  3. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

From Wikipedia...

and why interlacing is bad:

And it's normally called DVNR, but you're not seeing me saying that.

BJ
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

......uhhhhhh..... these were free disks that came with a toy that hasn't been available for years. I don't think it was an issue of caring or not. I mean, a lot of other DVD's that come free with stuff aren't great (exception of the TMNT DVD's that came with various action figures).