1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

International Sesame Muppets on the Macy's Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by punkNpuppets, Nov 28, 2002.

1. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i was just sleeping in when my mom comes in and turns it on and i see Big Bird, Elmo, and Zoe along with the muppets from Mexico, Germany, South Africa, and all those other countries! gordon and the ss people were there too! it was incredibly rad!
  2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

It was cool. They sang "We Are All Earthlings" Here are the international Muppets that appeared: (sorry, don't know some names)

The small Purple monster with a large chin from Egypt
    The large Green Egyptian monster
    The pink african monster (not Kami)
    The Blue Pig from Zima Jhie
    The German Grouch
    the chicken/rooster
    The two russian monster girls
    The Blue Russian monster with the outrageous tie
    Albaerdo (sp.?)
    Samson
    The pink girl from Plaza Sesamo
    Plus a few others I think...gotta check my tape again.
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Ryan,

Here are the names, In order of your list...

Filfil (Alam Simsim)
    Nimnim (Alam Simsim)
    Zuzu (Takalani Sesame)
    Hu Hu Zu (Zhima Jie)
    Rumpel (Sesamstrasse)
    Kareem (Rechov sumsum/Shara'a Simsim)
    Dafi and Haneen(Rechov sumsum/Shara'a Simsim)
    Zeliboba (Ulitsa Sezam)
    Abelardo (Plaza Sesamo)
    Samson (Sesamstrasse)
    Lola (Plaza Sesamo)

'Rechov sumsum/Shara'a Simsim' is now called 'Sesame Stories'.
    And is all stories and folk tales, Instead of a street where everyone gets along with eachother.

You can find more info about the Foreign Muppets on my site -
    www.angelfire.com/super/sesameworld/entrance.html

Now i need to see the Macy's parade float - LOL

See ya
  4. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

It was awesome, I was there today, just got back a few hours ago, One of the full bodied foreign characters was having costume problems when they were going by me and somebody was fixing him, looked like there was a hole in their neck or something they were fixing. I waved to Bob and Gorden and everybody, even the puppets who probably couldn't see me hehe
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I have to say that the Muppet Show characters are by far my faves, the Sesame float was the best in the parade. Having all of those characters together was a great achievement. The Big Bird float kind of looked droopy to me, and not a very good likeness, but the Kermit one was really spectacular. I was concerned over the redesign, but this one is definitely the best balloon in the parade.
  6. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I totally agree Jamie.

Yeah, I caught the head problem. Zeliboba's puppeteer didn't have his hand in the head until the beginning of the song. Lol. I thought it was great, althogh I wish Kami was there. Does anybody know if these were the real foriegn performers?
  7. BlueFrackle

Ryan,

I doubt it was the Original Puppeteers of the Foreign Muppets.

They make the Foreign Muppets at Hensons so its just as easy to use them as it is for them to use one of the American Muppets.

Does anyone have any pictures i could use on my site?
    And a full list of all the Muppets, Including the American Muppets too ?

Dont you think Zeliboba is such a cool looking Muppet, That big long mouth, Those sneakers and his big nose!

I really need to see this !

Thanks
  8. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

i'll have some pictures eventually, but i don't know how good they'll be, I just used a throw-away camera. Do you think any of the characters were performed by regular muppeteers, or do you think it's just a bunch of Henson interns having a good time?
  9. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Ja,

I was very impressed with the Sesame Street float and song and humans and puppets.

THE highlight of the parade, in my opinion.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn
  10. Re: Ryan,

Moishe Oofnik from "Rechov Sumsum"/"Shalom Sesame" was on the float, too.
  11. BlueFrackle

Philip,

Cool !

I cant wait to see pictures !

See ya
  12. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

They were all Henson puppeteers, not all the original performers, but all puppeteers who worked for Henson at one time or another. As far as the foreign characters go, I don't believe any of them were performed by their actual performers. I know of at least a few that were being done by U.S. Muppeteers.
    -Artie
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I can sort of remember the characters, I have seen all the ones BlueFrackle has listed, and I especially remember Zeliboba, Abelardo, and Moische Oofnik. Sadly missing were Kami, Pancho, the Merkatt (the animal that Timon is) from South Africa and the Porcupine from Rechov Sumsum. Maybe they didn't have access to Kami, or she was too controversial to use, I dunno.. bujt I really wanted to see Pancho...

Of course, they only showed the front and left side of the float, so there may have been other characters.

I do remember them using Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Oscar, Telly, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert and the Count. Can't remember anyone else!

Very great moment in the parade!
  14. Drtooth

Re: Ryan,

I know it's pretty goach to post twice in a row, but...

Yeah! He looks like such a fun character. He's probably one of my faves, along with Pancho and Moishe Oofnik.

I remember seing a smal, short clip about the Russian one on MSNBC's Now and Again (or is it time and again?), and thought, man, he must have a huge following!

The piurple Egyptian one with the big chin looks fun too!
  15. BlueFrackle

Tooth,

Hey,
    The Meerkat is called Moshe, And the Purple Monster is called Filfil !

Zeliboba is great, Its great to see him in action to !

They way he walks and talks looks great!

See ya
  16. Treelo

Treelo Member

Usually the puppeteers have a minute to get set when they reach Herald Square. This year, NBC cut right in before the performers were ready - which is part of the reason one of the characters was caught with a "limp head" on camera.

I don't know if it was visible on camera, but one of the puppets on the top tier was having a rod issue - it hung out the window during the entire song....
  17. Drtooth

Hey BlueFrackle!

I see you have some pictures of the float on your site.

I wish I could have taped it, but I didn't have any video blank tapes with room, and even if I found one, it'd've been too late.

To anyone else
    I've noticed that there was a Barrio Sesame sign on the float.. were any Barrio Sesame Characters there?
  18. BlueFrackle

Tooth,

Hey,

Yeah, Those were donated by Michael (MuppetFan123) !

I dont think any Barrio Sesamo Muppets were on the float.

Id love to have that Street sign, with all those names !

See ya
    BlueFrackle
  19. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

Those big sneakers, by the way, are called hobadues. I don't know why, perhaps, he made up his own name for them...
    Sure! Especially the way he laughs. I can't help but can't forget his "Hia, hia, hiaaaaaaaaaaah!...."
    Whola-whola-whola! Don't you think how you made me turn sixteen cartwheels at once by these words??? Wanna know who performs him? Stanislav Klimushkin.
    And first time as I saw Zelly in "US" premiere (1997), my first thought was, " What a S I D E B U R N S !!!". Well, and straight away I fell in love - firstly in the sideburns, then in their owner. :flirt:
  20. BlueFrackle

When did Zel premiere in the US?