Intro theme question

NOTLWimp

Reaction score
I have a question that is driving me nuts. My Girlfriend and I were arguing about the intro music to Fraggle Rock. She quoted it with the fraggles saying their names in the intro. I don't remember that. So we looked it up on youtube and there it was. But the intro was much shorter than I remember and the Gorgs did not sing in the intro. Was it longer at one time without the names in there? Or am I insane and my girlfriend is as always right. I would hate to be all wrong on this one.

The Trash Heap Has Spoken!

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Actually, you're both right in a way.

In the original television broadcast episodes, the opening theme song does indeed include the five main Fraggles saying their names and some comments from the gorgs (though, no actual singing). That version runs about one minute and two seconds.

However, when the albums were released, there was an alternate version that began with Sprocket barking and did not include the Fraggles names. That particular version ran about two and a half minutes.

So rest assured, you are not all wrong on this.

Oh and by the way, congrats on finding a girl who's not completely turned off by you'r Fraggle fandom. Color me offically jealous.

NOTLWimp

Reaction score
Turned off by the fraggles? She is a bigger muppet fan than I am. I am the big Disney Geek she is the big Muppets fan. We make a very great geeky team.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Wow... Lucky guy. I actually had an ex-girlfriend ***** me out for about two hours when i got excited about recieving Fraggle plush dolls for christmas one year.

zns

Reaction score
There's also the original theme song that did not make it on the air. Terry Angus talks about it in the interviews section and mentions that because everything was zipping by so fast and no one could get totally connected with everything, it just never made it on television. Hopefully it will be added on the final season box set.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Actually, you're both right in a way.

In the original television broadcast episodes, the opening theme song does indeed include the five main Fraggles saying their names and some comments from the gorgs (though, no actual singing). That version runs about one minute and two seconds.

However, when the albums were released, there was an alternate version that began with Sprocket barking and did not include the Fraggles names. That particular version ran about two and a half minutes.

So rest assured, you are not all wrong on this.

Oh and by the way, congrats on finding a girl who's not completely turned off by you'r Fraggle fandom. Color me offically jealous.
i like the idea of the first verison of the them better the second sounds as though it does not fit , the show .

I really love the theme so much :coy:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Totally. The second version seemed to have been done exclusively for the album release. It was more playful in nature. The original intro theme is just perfect if you ask me.

Oh, and thanks for the info ZNS. I never knew that before.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Totally. The second version seemed to have been done exclusively for the album release. It was more playful in nature. The original intro theme is just perfect if you ask me.

Oh, and thanks for the info ZNS. I never knew that before.
cool glad that u agree :smile: hehe the fraggles are so great love them .