Introducing "Fred Fanboy" I think...

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Just finished my 4th puppet (1st non-monster) and think I'm circling around the right name. Working name, Fred Fanboy, came about after I watched some old Muppet documentaries and heard something that stuck with me: many muppets were exaggerated personality traits of their creators/puppeteers made lovable. I started thinking of the traits in myself I don't let everyone see and my inner 12 year old comic geek rose to the top. People are always shocked at my love of comics, sci-fi and fantasy since I seem so "normal". I thought it would be cool to let that side of myself completely out of its cage with Fred.

Fred is so committed to geek that he makes it look good. He can talk for hours about comics, video games and any movie involving sci-fi, fantasy, action or horror. When he isn't creating online reviews for comics and movies he's developing his own indy comics and custom action figures (his action figure collection is epic). When people talk about the next generation of pop culture icons, they just might be talking about Fred Fanboy.

Here is the finished puppet along with a couple WIP pics:

WIP foam head with roughed out features

WIP "The agony of the Henson Stitch"

Wow, still with me. Well then, how does Fred grab you? Better than Frank, Flynn, Erwin or Lincoln?

LoLa

Reaction score
I love the concept. You should totally take him to a comic book convention!

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Thanks LoLa. Once I have his voice down and the performance chops, I would like to take him to a con. I think it would be cool to conduct some man on the street interviews with him for YouTube.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
He's awesome!!.. And i feel your pain re the "henson stitch" :smile:

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Just a quick bump. Keith at Puppet 365 was kind enough to give Fred a little shine and selected him as "Puppet of the Day" for February 7, 2013. If you haven't visited the site or submitted a puppet, you should. http://puppets365.com