Introducing The Muppet Newsflash Forum

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Ever since I started The Muppet Newsflash, people have been asking "when are you going to start a forum?", “why don’t you add a forum?”. For the past 9-months I’ve been hesitant to add one, as I felt there were already several strong fan forums on the web (like this one), and adding yet another could just detract, divide, and add unnecessary competition and separation in the communities. But I’ve always been thinking about it – this idea always in the back of my mind. Over the weekend I asked for feedback on the Muppet Newsflash from the people who matter most – the readers. And once again, many people suggested a forum (in a survey of the blog readers that ran from Friday through Tuesday; almost 60% said they were interested in a forum, and 25% were “undecided” at the time). I also got a bunch of e-mails with feedback - several of which had some persuasive “essays” on why I should add a forum.

I thought it over and felt was the right time to give the whole thing a whirl. So here it is - The Muppet Newsflash forum! Don’t worry, this will not effect the output of the blog news reporting; I will still be maintaining and updating the main news blog just as much as before. I’ve noticed that the comments section on news posts have been picking up more and more recently, and I feel that a place to discuss the issues would be useful (but still feel free to use the comments feature on any of the news posts).

The Muppet Newsflash forum is hosted by Delphi Forums, and is ready for posting. If you are a member of another fan community (like, um...let's say, MuppetCentral), feel free to remain active here (I encourage that). I’m not asking for (nor expecting) you to just abandon this place (and all your friends here) nor do I want you to feel obligated to give total loyalty and dedication to this new forum (but, hey, if you want to, that’s fine by me). I’ll still stay just as active around here, just as much as before. Just because I have this forum does not mean I'm leaving, or going to be any less active here - I love it here. The new forum is just a place to bring together fans, unite the fan community, and have discussions about the Muppets (and Jim Henson, and whatnot). It is a place to have discussions, share information and ideas, have good time, and just have fun. So check it out, start posting, and have fun!

- Enter the Forum Here -

Beauregard

Reaction score
Joined and posted!

It looks great, though I've always had a little trouble with the Delphi format.

BEAR

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I'll have to check it out!:smile:

I dunno how I feel about joining. I'm not comfortable providing so much personal info online.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've posted

Well, so far I have posted in two different threads under the user name mupman.