1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Is a Pepe Plush a dream or reality?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by PrawnCocktail, Jan 11, 2008.

1. goldengonzo

goldengonzo Member

2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Do you mean for this coming February Toy Fair? Or is there another Toy Fair? Sorry the Pook a Looz ends with the $20 piggy, but hey least the vinylmations are going into series 2.
    I bet making a Chef or Beaker custom made pook a looz from scratch wouldnt be too hard. In fact Disney was going for(ripping off) the look and feel of "DIY" etsy.com type plushes with the Pook A Looz line.
    Also, any plush not bought from a store or online store is technically going to be "used" unless it was sealed in a bag. Ive gotten almost 20 year old UFO plushes and they look brand new. I definitely am much more of a fan of Japanese styled plushes than "stuffed animals" in the traditional American sense though.

Well, Pepe had a few figures from Palisades, one figure from the Jack and the Box 2003 kids meal, that collapseable 3d figure(hey I still have the one ya got me, thanks!) and then the 9" and 15" Nanco plushes. Wasnt *too* much else besides that.

Ha, you know...given this is a "Muppet Metaverse" movie, Disney will probably be making as *many* Muppet figures in various sizes as possible. Ranging from "buddy" 2 and multi packs to 3-4" to 7" and various figurines in dioramas. Just the thought of it makes me giddy.

Um, that very same Pepe was going for about $7 plus a few bucks shipping. This one guy sold a bunch recently. Why would anyone pay more than a few bucks, let alone $200?

3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, he wasn't kidding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-Pepe-Pr...589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6142eabd

Are people that insane? These things were just going for 7 bucks a month ago from the same buyer. This musta been a spoof bid war or something. One from a week and a half ago went for $14.
    I don't care if that was the only Pepe plush in existence as a prototype, I wouldnt pay more than a few bucks for that heinous design.

Though I do feel both Sababa and Nanco did an ok job with the Beaker, Bunsen and Swedish Chef plushes

4. MadForPepe

MadForPepe New Member

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm TERRIBLE at sewing and putting stuff like that together... and I DON'T trust fabric glue. NEVER do... always falls right apart, it does.

But with used plush, I mean years and years old (vintage), where has it been, sitting in a pile of lord knows what, getting dusty that sinks right in through the fur type stuff... Goodwill stuff, that is... My sister got me a very large Nanco Fozzie that I have segregated from my GOOD plush because it has a rummage sale smell to it that I can NEVER get out. Used within a few years, maybe... that's one thing... if it was sitting on a nice desk or something... if it was shoved into a dusty cover and slightly cleaned up, no...

6. seradarkness

seradarkness New Member

Heh, never been a fan of Pepe's plush design, or many of the plush designs for that matter (never yet seen a really decent Bunsen or Beaker plushies), but that picture made me giggle. He looks like he's screaming in horror...

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Years ago, someone somewhere (either here or Palisades) said something to the extent of this... a plush is basically a stuffed pillow that somehow resembles a character (as opposed to a sculpted effigy).

So I can't say that Pepe looks bad... though a mouth closed interpretation with rounder eyes would have worked a bit better...