Is Alan preparing to leave the show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the past three seasons or so he's been working at Hooper's a lot less, and Gabi and/or Miles have had to fill in for him; I notice in a lot of shows, a character's sudden decrease in appearance sort of fore-shadows the character's upcoming departure from the show. Is this going to happen to Alan?

BEAR

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing about Alan. I think it's weird that he has hardly been seen at all this season and for a while before this he was one of the most frequent of all the humans. I don't know if he is leaving the show but I sure hope not. He is one of my favorite parts of Sesame Street. He is so wonderful and funny and fits in perfectly with the Sesame Street gang. He is a young Broadway actor though and probably still wants to do more of that too.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I hope hes not leaving, Alans awesome!

Alan if your reading this...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASEEEEE DONT LEAVE!!!!

And thats all I have to say about that

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Alan's been on the show for 8 years now. Since 1998. It's most likely he's busy doing other stuff now and doesn't want to spend as much time on the show anymore. It's good that they have Gabi working there though. I think she's the most beautiful woman in the world, and is overly swee! :flirt: :flirt: :flirt:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I going to go out on a lim here guys and say no, I think he's not going to leave. Miles graduated, so I guess He's working now, and he still could work when he gose to collage or something.

Was it thid way with David, Gina, Carlo, where you don't see the owner every day? I don't know, But they really have not had much of the human cast to much at all these days. Of corse some more then other's. I noticed less of Gina in the past couple of years, too. I wond what is gong on, but I've seen Gabi and Miles the most lately, which is not all a bad thing.

Mayby it's because it is a different filming season now.

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Was it thid way with David, Gina, Carlo, where you don't see the owner every day?
Yes there were several episodes in the 70's and early 80's that featured David without Mr. Hooper. An example is on the noggin episode from 1975 when it's David's Birthday and Maria comes in the store pretending that she doesn't know about David's Birthday and asks for a cup of Coffee. David tries to give her hints that it's his birthday, but she still pretends that she doesn't know. Then she surprizes him with a new typewriter. (I think David was in College at the time)

Also Gina was seen several times without David, and without Mr. Handford, and so was Carlo. So it's really nothing to worry about. I doubt Alan's going anywhere. He's just working less.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
You know you all need not to think one is about to quit just because he or she hasn't been on as often. They maybe just busy with other things. There was nothing on the SW page about anyone leaving so let's just wait before anything happens.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I thought they were doing pretty good with Alan. He was busy working at the store in quite a few eps this season, such as the one where BB wished the adults were kids and when Elmo wanted to play school. Then again, I missed quite a few eps this season so I don't know if he's been around much after that. I'll have to wait to see more episodes to find out what's going on with him.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I really dont' care for him, but...

I hope hes not leaving, Alans awesome!

Alan if your reading this...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASEEEEE DONT LEAVE!!!!

And thats all I have to say about that
I hate Alan. Well I don't hate him, it just seems like he is too happy all the time! I'm not saying that's wrong, but it's irratating . But if the kids love him, I guess he should stay. The kids are the only ones who matter.