Is anyone else in Illinois?

yetiman

Reaction score
This place is crazy! The Governor was arrested yesterday for trying to get Chicago Tribune editorial writers that he didn't like fired, for threatening to withhold $8 million in funding for a CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL if he didn't get a $50,000 donation to his campaign, and for trying to sell Barack Obama's now-vacant Senate seat.

I work in downtown Chicago, and I went over to the federal courthouse yesterday and tried to get into the bond hearing. It was already full, though. Bummer.

What a state!

ngreen522

Reaction score
I'll bet Scruff McGruff is barking mad about this!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Aye, I'm here... waiting down in Southern Illinois for news to come. I'm quite honestly not upset nor suprised that Blagojevich got arrested... in fact, I think it's about time. :smirk: It'll be interesting to see how this progresses. Jon Stewart had a killer discussion about the situation last night on The Daily Show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Da guvanator handed Prosecutor FitsPatrick a nice juicy lowhanging fruit. You shoulda seen what Jon and the Daily Show Players did on Monday's show about the Chaos in Canada. Hope Pepper and everyone else MC-Canadian related's okay.

Hey Prawn... Have a good holiday season buddy. :super:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You shoulda seen what Jon and the Daily Show Players did on Monday's show about the Chaos in Canada. Hope Pepper and everyone else MC-Canadian related's okay.
lol! Everyone here will be fine, it has no direct affect. Jon Stewart didn't explain it very well. Maybe it would have made more sense if he mentioned that we just had an election in October and Stephen Harper won a minority yet again, and so the other parties are trying to rally together to get him out so that actual work can get done in the house of commons! Stephen Harper's move of going to the governor general to dissolve parliament is just delaying everything, and it's kind of a jerky thing to do so that he can stay prime minister a bit longer.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, still a lot more about Illinois than I ever knew! Local governments are such fun. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... And if that's not bad enough our last governor here lost his bid for re-election. So it's back to the old party, the NPP. And to think, that party's prime member was the one mucking up the whole system in our bicameral Congress all these last four years by dividing the party and fragmenting the votes. Government's the one thing I'm not touching, even with a ten and a half foot pole.
*Goes off to sing the Caroll of the Grinch. And huggles to you Pepper.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I live in Champaign, IL, and I must say that I am very disappointed in Rod Blagojevich!

yetiman

Reaction score
I want to find out where he gets his hair done...a do like that would go great on a puppet. :stick_out_tongue: