"Is Conversation a Dying Art?"

David French

Reaction score
This could be mere coincidence but...

In the Harvery Korman episode of TMS, the panel discuss about life, and at the end Kermit says that they will discuss the topic "Is Conversation a Dying Art?". This topic was raised in the Rita Moreno show, however...

The Kermitage and the episode guides on this web site give recording dates for each episode of TMS, and if they are correct the Rita Moreno show was recorded after the Harvey Korman show.

anathema

Reaction score
Recording dates bear no relation to the order the shows were aired in, which varied from country to country (and often region to region).

David French

Reaction score
I understand that, but the point I was trying to make is that perhaps that was an intentional piece of continuity by the production team. Indeed, if you watch a lot of TV shows in recording order, you get a better idea of what the production team had in mind when they were filming. Off-hand, I can think of a number of shows where the storylines make more sense when shown in recording order.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
In reply to the title,I believe the spoken word & well as the hand written word isn't dying,but since the era of computer conversation,they have been put aside for the time being.My roomate Sean has said to me over the past 2 weeks,'Dee,I miss writing with a pen and paper.People have forgotten what it was like to just write by hand.' I know that is so true.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I noticed that too, before I knew the taping dates.

Incidentally, the taping dates listed were collected by yours truly, from the Henson company archivist Karen Falk. It seems, to me anyway, that other portions of the Harvey Korman episode were taped at the same time as the Paul Williams and Charles Aznavour episodes.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole