Is Mildred Zoot's mother?

ZootxJanice2468

Reaction score
Because I saw an "at the dance" in season 1 and george asked while looking at zoot,
"I'll be darned, you say that's your boy? How could you have a son that age?" and mildred replied,
"I didn't. When I had him he was just a baby."

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It might just be a joke. I doubt that's the case since it doesn't say that anywhere else.
Pose the question to the people at Muppet Wiki on the forum.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I took it as a joke within a skit. But on the other hand, there's no reason you can't take it literally if you want to.

Hubert

Reaction score
There's no real answer here. You can take it as a sketch, or you can take it as a literal thing. However, the important thing is that no one goes around and pushes this as fact, because it isn't. If someone wants to take this and believe it, or even write a fanfic about it, no problem with that, but it can't be accepted as complete fact. I doubt we'll never really know.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If someone wants to take this and believe it, or even write a fanfic about it, no problem with that, but it can't be accepted as complete fact.
Now we're getting into the whole "canon vs. fanon" issue, lol.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I would say it's a joke on both the character's ages. Zoot could very well be as old as Mildred. If you were going to take it literal, it could be interpreted as "He's your son? He looks as old as you."

Both characters are obviously old (Zoot has some pretty bad narcolepsy :stick_out_tongue:), so to think Mildred is Zoot's mom is kinda crazy, since to me, they seem like the same age, with Mildred POSSIBLY being a tad older

Hubert

Reaction score
Age wise, Dave Goelz has mentioned a few times that he's thought Zoot to be about 50, I believe. And I'd say Mildred would be maybe in her 60s, so that would also be evidence against it if you want to estimate that way. THough I guess you could assume Mildred to be in her 70s.

ZootxJanice2468

Reaction score
I guess you guys are right. Plus zoot is a humanoid, and mildred looks like a lizard. Aw dang it, why didn't they show zoot's dad?! Oh also I'm starting up TM again. So, might be something to look forward to.

Hubert

Reaction score
Actually, as far as we know, Mildred is also a humanoid. She's kinda a distorted one, though, where she has a large "snout" if you will, but she seems more humanoid than anything else.