Is Pepe now officially going to be made?

beaker

Reaction score
Going by various new threads on here, and stuff Ken has said...Im curious if it is now official that Pepe is finally going to be made? and if so what series?

I remember a lot of resistance to a Pepe in a series six before it was learned it was going to a more general Muppets brand in 2003.

I hope JHC pulls some clout(like they did with pushing forward Rizzo to series 4) and makes sure Pepe gets done front and center by series 5!

Luke

Reaction score
I think the word from Ken is that it's highly likely he'll get made at some time. There was a 'little suprise' that Ken was going to announce a while back but he hasn't yet - could well be Pepe. It's not been officially announced in an actual wave though. To be honest - i don't think it's something that we as fans should try to rush, it's a figure that needs to be got totally right (extra arms etc, good scale, good paintwork/sculpt) because it is going to be so popular but also hard from a design/sculpt point of view to get right so as long as we actually see it, i'll be happy. We may even get the Tutu variant.

I think Ken later said that it wasn't Henson that had Rizzo moved to Series 4. Although they had asked for him to be done, it was the whole broadening of the license that was stated as bringing that about.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>To be honest - i don't think it's something that we as fans should try to rush, it's a figure that needs to be got totally right (extra arms etc, good scale, good paintwork/sculpt) because it is going to be so popular but also hard from a design/sculpt point of view to get right so as long as we actually see it, i'll be happy. We may even get the Tutu variant.<<<

I think I was really disheartened to hear people say they didnt want Pepe before like wave 8...but now that even Ken himself says Pepe is looking more likely...thats a good thing. The truth is Pepe will be insanely popular. Ask any causal or non Muppet fan whos aw MFS, and theyll usually say there fave part was Pepe. Add to that all of those LJS commercials everyone saw, the fact hes the star of everything from I Love The Muppets BBC special to the making of Weezer, to haven stolen the spotlight on Family Feud, Muppetfest, etc...and of course he'll be one of the mains tars of the ucpoming Fox Show...well, I have no doubt he'll be one of their biggest selling figures. However...

youre right. The sculpt has gotta be perfect, but youve seen th einsane detail they did with the lobster banditos. Pepe is about the size of a booster packin, i'd say about 3-3.5 inches if they are going by true scale in relation to their 6" line. Im very cruious to see Rizzo prototype, as I wanna see how tall they made him.

I think Ken later said that it wasn't Henson that had Rizzo moved to Series 4. Although they had asked for him to be done, it was the whole broadening of the license that was stated as bringing that about.<<<

Ok. I will say the argument people had against Pepe breaking continuity is null now. Between the Muppets From Space Fozzie and Rizzo in series 4(lets face it...Rizzo is in it because of his post MTM, and really his post Muppets Tonight popularity...not because of his status in TMS)

grail

Reaction score
methinks Cory needs to pay a bit more attention.

the reason Rizzo got pushed up is because they officially got the license for the Muppet movies and Muppets Tonight. so the planned Sam the Eagle became Samuel Arrow, Janice was moved back to be the exclusive for the first movie playset (the Electric Mayhem bus), which left an opening that they filled with Rizzo in Muppets Tonight form. yes, he's being put in because of his later popularity, but they're basically stating that up front.

it does definately open things up for Pepe and others to be done, and i think we'll see them, maybe even sooner than we think...but it's still to early to tell exactly when.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>which left an opening that they filled with Rizzo in Muppets Tonight form. yes, he's being put in because of his later popularity, but they're basically stating that up front.

it does definately open things up for Pepe and others to be done, and i think we'll see them, maybe even sooner than we think...but it's still to early to tell exactly when<<<

It's all music to my ears! And egads...it was subtle, but I didnt realize that movie licencees are indeed slowly seeping in.
I am so glad the Muppet line is going from TMS only to all aspects of Muppedom(err, at least Muppetshow character wise)

Yes, many an idea to be opening up!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
It sounds very likely that Pepe will be made at least from reading in the FAQ, and we could see him later next year... that would be my guess, although with only a small amount of figures to each "quarter" release, he could be a 2004 release as well, as it seems that figures for 2003 are already mentioned, at least for the next 6+ months.
Time will tell, and I am looking forward to seeing Pepe in the stores as well. I think if I am not mistaken all the figures for 2003 are mentioned up until the last quarter (Fall). In that quarter only Tux Gonzo is mentioned, so Pepe could be released then too.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Woops! - that was 3rd Quarter 2003 that only Tux Gonzo is mentioned in the FAQ release schedule, so Pepe could be in that wave or the 4th Quarter. Sorry about the error. I haven't really look around anywhere else, so as far as I know Tux Gonzo is the only mentioned figure other than the playset for that quarter... unless more muppet figures have since been mentioned.

beepela

Reaction score
I am very excited about the prospect of a Pepe figure. If he is to scale he will likely be fairly small. Maybe they could double pack him with Seymour both in their MT outfits. Otherwise we probably won't get a Seymour, since his popularity didn't skyrocket like Pepe's did. And gosh darn it, I kind of liked Seymour!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I would have liked ot see him released as a two pack with Rizzo from MIS...but Rizzo's already coming out alone in Wave 5 I think, so that's a no go...plus, the accesories for Rizzo look cool, and if he was 2-packed, he'd probably lose a few...

maybe Pepe will also be like that..slightly oversized, and with some extra accesories...