Is Steiff making any more Muppets??

muppetguy

Reaction score
The title says it all folks. I was wondering if Steiff stopped making Muppets. We already have Kermit and Fozzie, when are they going to make Piggy and Gonzo?

Anyone know any concrete news on this?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The bigger question is, if that's what their Kermit looks like, do we want to see Steiff make more Muppet plush? You have to be a Steiff collector to really want those.

I'd rather TY make more characters. Their Kermit is far higher quality in likeness and far cheaper.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
It was originally planned to follow with miss piggy. But so far no news. Lets hope they have stopped making them. I remember being so excited about the thought of steiff making muppets. I had seen a mini Disney Pluto they had made and his likeness was amazing. When the proto kermit came out it had a few issues that steiff were gonna change. But it ended up being worse! I subsequently didn't buy one!! Same hopes were dashed with Fozzie too although I think he looks a little better than kermit. Who knows what miss piggy would have looked like??
Shame the high end collectible Steiff brand couldn't make Muppets??

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Their license ran out while they were planning to release Miss Piggy next, but they didnt renew their license.