Is The SwedishChef Playset going to be an Exclusive?

Ziggystrdst72

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Swedish Chef Kitchen playset in Series 3 will be an exclusive? I work at a Toys R US and a collector was tellig me that the kitchen playset will be exclusive to Suncoast Video andSam Goody similar to the blue jacket vacation fozzie. I hope this isn't true because I don't want it to be difficult to get my hands on this playset. Does anyone know if it's an exclusive or if you'll be able to get it at all the stores that sell the muppet figures!
Peace and thanks,
Zach

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Zach,

The playset is not an exclusive. However Ken has reported that Toys R Us will not be selling series three, so you will have to get it from aother retailer besides Toys R Us.

The Chef's Kitchen will be a deluxe playset though. It will be about $5 more than Muppet Labs or the Mayhem stage.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Toys R Us isn't going to sell series 3! OH NO! That's the only place I've been able to find Muppet Figures around here. Are all Toys R Us stores not selling it or will some still pick it up? I guess I'll be ordering online from now on. :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The kitchen set will come out after series 3, but is still a part of it. As Phillip mentioned, no further Muppet figures will be sold at Toys R Us. But there are many other retailers. Check the list at www.palisadestoys.com for more information.

However, there will be a Collectors Club/Convention exclusive San Diego Comic Con repaint exclusive (available through the Collector's Club) of the Swedish Chef Repaint with Lobster Banditos coming this summer.

Click here for full details on this year's schedule.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Unfortunatly none of the retailers on the list by me carry the figures. Sun Coast use to but apprently they didn't order series 2. Guess I'll just take a trip into the city when they come out. Oh well. My Toys R Us had smashed up playsets and stuff. Does anyone know why Toys R Us won't be carrying the Muppets anymore?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There's an issue with the new buyer and their relationship who doesn't understand the action figure market and has no relationship with Palisades.

www.ebgames.com is your best bet for hard to get items.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks. you just saved me weeks of walking 4 miles to Toys r Us each day looking for Series 3 :big_grin: I'll start ordering Series 3 now just to be safe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
EB's stuff is very prompt, but don't trust their dates. Palisades doesn't release firm dates - so it is all tentative. They get all the items when everyone else does so it's all good. TRU actually gets stuff later anyway. I have also heard EB also has a pretty good cutomer service/return policy if things are broken in shipping.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind most EB stores are droping figures all together, but they will continue to sell them on-line.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Keep in mind most EB stores are droping figures all together.
Or at the very least, it seems as if only select stores are going to carry any amount of figures.

According to a gent at one store (I know, I know, that's about as reliable as talking to Harry Knowles), toys will only be carried at the mall stores and not at any free-standing or plaza locations.

I don't know if he was entirely correct about the mall stores still carrying figures, since a few that I've been to had whittled down all their space for toys and marked them down....only to get new items in such as Muppets Series 2, etc., so go figure.

And the scant number of plaza stores I've been to only seem to carry overstock of older items, such as the Homer/Marge prom set. So this summer if you're still looking for an EB Piggy, these may be the places to call.

So, if you'd rather wait to order online, you might want to still call around any EBs in malls you may have near you and see if they will get them in and put your name down for one.