Is there a spicific age you have to be to see Avenue Q?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Apparently, Avenue Q is coming to my area. And I want to know, is there a specific age I have to be to go see it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Most mature shows like that usually have an age limit of 18 and older.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think when i saw it they said at least 14 with a guardian...of course i was 22 so it didn't matter either way

Whimsy

Reaction score
Some time ago the webpage suggested that kids about 13 could probably enjoy it (and that you'd be regarded as totally awesome to them if you did!). I think the only thing that a parent might take issue with is the degree to which sexuality is explored, but depending on the relative maturity of the younger guest, it might be just fine for them to enjoy. Still, if it were a film, it would probably wind up somewhere between PG-13 and 18A.

I think high school age might be a bit more appropriate, but I don't think that the 18-year old mark is necessary. I say that mainly because the play itself has a story that tends to get forgotten in the promotional materials. The play offers something to everyone.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I've seen it a few times and seen all ages there. There is no age restriction on the show.
The signs do say it's suggested for mature audiences, so it all depends on what you think you (or your child) can handle.
If it was a movie I would say it's on the edge or R. Language and sexual subject matter come up. But in the "real" world most 13 year olds have seen way worse on TV and the internet (insert joke here if you've seen the show) and the show has a pretty positive message.
If it were up to me I'd be Ok taking someone as young as 12 to it, as long as they like blue humor.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I'm sorry to read that... It's cool... Soon enough you'll be 18 and can go! :smile:
My dad didn't want me to ever see the movie the Deer Hunter, I/m 35 and still haven't seen it!