Is this Mr. Hooper in a Special K ad?

zanimum

Reaction score
Is this Mr. Hooper? Or, Will Lee... you know...

http://www.visualartsbrampton.com/fuller hooper.jpg

I've never seen Mr. Hooper on the show itself, only in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. So I'm not terribly familar with what he looks like.

This was a Special K ad, on the back of the May 1968 National Geographic (vol 133, number 5).

I'll scan in a larger version, if it is him.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Golly, it sure does look like him. Thanks for posting it! If it's not Will Lee, I bet he could get pretty far at the annual "Will Lee Look-Alike" contest.

:big_grin:

zanimum

Reaction score
If it had been published a year or so later, once Sesame Street debuted, I wouldn't have thought it him, but it was before his contract and all.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i sort of doubt it's him. but even the SS didn't debut til the following year Will Lee was a professional actor long before that. though being on SS as Mr. Hooper is waht made him famous. there are many actors and actresses out there and there are those that are well known and those who aren't. and probably up untill SS's debut Mr. Lee was probably unknown. i have looked at the IMDB page and he was in many movies and TV shows playing small parts and making guest appearances. i don't know the name of it but he was in some movie with Rock Hudson in the early 50s and if i'm not mistaken and Fuzzygobo mentioned at YL he was blacklisted durring the McCarthy era.

Ernie101

Reaction score
The picture does not work.. Is this just me or what?

I really would like to see this however.

zanimum

Reaction score
The fact that he wasn't famous then, is why I thought it might be him. Try the picture again, Ernie 101, it works for me in Internet Explorer and Netscape. I think the server was just down.