1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie review

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Ken Plume, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Ken Plume

Ken Plume New Member

2. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

Well I certainly don't agree with that reviewer's assessment of the Frank Oz replacement. I think the new guy's doing fine. In fact he's better than Oz has been the last few years. But that's just me.

3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well it is kinda true that the new Fozzie sounds a lot like the new Piggy when the characters speak after each other but yeah i think a good job's being done and things can only get better.

I think it's a fairly good review - i'd predict this movie has a little 'MFS' about it. People will love the start and then be a little miffed by the end but it's definitely a start at bringing back the ol'Muppet Magic. I think the Todd girls along with sharp Muppet writers like Thatcher will make the Fox show a lot funnier and tighter - i don't think much of Brian Henson's work with the Muppets because he still tries to tie them back to the way Jim did things in the 70's. It's kinda a different world nowdays and sp the edgier style that'll come with edgier producers is needed.

4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

I think while there was a lot of truth in the review, it was a little hard hard on Henson & Co. That said, I haven't seen the movie, so I'll reserve my judgement until Friday.

Great to see you posting on Muppet Central Ken! :)

5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Great review. I am not at all concerned about the Oz-replaced characters. In fact, I very much support it. The absence and dubbed performances of those characters really made the previous projects suffer. I think Eric is doing a spectacular job, though I do notice a difference. But, hey - if it doesn't bother Murgatoad it shouldn't much bother the rest of us. LOL! You always seem to tell it like it is, Murgy! Like a Luke in training. ;)