It's Back On, It's Back On, It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember YEARS ago when Blockbuster finally did away with late fees, and they had that commercial where everybody's all cheering while they play Roy Orbison singing "It's Over, It's Over, It's Oooooooooooooooooverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"?

Well guess what?

It's back on, it's back on, it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack oooooooooooooooooooon!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
*rolls over laughing*

HAAAAA! This thread is so .....loud and unexpected, I love it! :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, well at the Blockbuster I go to I think the rules are you can keep it a little past the due date, but after a certain amount of time, they charge you for the DVD. I think the rules are different depending on the store.

Personally, I think it's great to do away with late fees, but if the public can't be responsible enough to return their DVDs, then they don't deserve it. Heh :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well good im glad that its on! BRING IT ON! just one more way they are going to kill us with no money.

Skye

Reaction score
Personally, I think it's great to do away with late fees, but if the public can't be responsible enough to return their DVDs, then they don't deserve it. Heh :wink:
Exactly what I was thinking, lol. If people abuse the privilege... well, the store's gotta to do something. Part of the whole "a few bad apples ruining it for the whole bunch," maybe? It is a really nice thought for Blockbuster to imagine staying late fee-less, though.

But on a slightly less serious note...

LOL! The title of this thread and your post, Snowthy, totally cracked me up. :big_grin: Roy Orbison's awesome, I love that song of his! I could just imagine him singing your new version of it, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Part of the whole "a few bad apples ruining it for the whole bunch," maybe? It is a really nice thought for Blockbuster to imagine staying late fee-less, though.
Yeah exactly, just a few people making it worse for the rest of us. Like I said, my Blockbuster is still pretty easy going with late fees, and it's great. Well, probably some people have to wait forever for their tape to get returned, but that hasn't happened to me yet. Plus, I think most people are still used to returning tapes on time. It really depends on where you go.

Yeah that was just a bunch of random thoughts strung together, lol.

Anyway, yeah great thread title! Roy Orbison rocks! Hehe :halo:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Your right heralde. If people can't return DVDs, Video or games then they don't deserve it at all. We no longer have a Blockbuster but back when it was open (we have a Hastings now) they started doing that and then after a while they stopped doing it. But the only reaons our's went out business is because of Hastings. They couldn't keep up with Hastings. But cool to see others have Blockbuster. I really do miss it.

Here's a few stories about our Blockbuster. My sister used to work there so i would get lots and lots of magazines (even tho they had to rip the barcode off) it was still cool to get loads and loads of mags. When also i could get things off with my sister's discount too. So it was really cool. I would go in there after getting money from cleaning over at where my mom was working and would walk up there or ask a freind to drive me there. And i would buy loads of Pokemon (at the time i was all over it) videos, cards, CDs, plushes and games too.

One night my sister asked me if i wanted to come and stay with her at Blockbuster because the boss had asked her if she wouldn't mind staying because they had to have a guy come and shampoo the carpents. So i said yes! and asked if a few freinds could come along. We'll thier mother found out and said no! to them and they had to come go back home after a little while. I got to play Playstation 2 for the first time there. It was awsome! Some of my sister's co-workers came up there after a while and stay to play too.

That's the first story now here's the other one. So again my sister was asked to watch the store so another guy could shampoo the carpets again. This was few months down the line so it wasn't like the same night or the next night. (and it did happen at night and wouldn't be through till late late. So again was asked if i wanted to come and stay with her again. So you know the answer again. YES! So again it was fun. I had so much fun also this was my sister last day to work there. I really can't remember what i did being this was some long ago but proubley played games read magazines and watch cartoons and movies too. But then after it was time to leave my sister told me go and take whever i want off the shelves and take it without having to pay (didn't have the money anways) so i took lots of Scooby Doo plushes they were selling and some other stuff too. It was so awsome to get to steal something and not get caught doing it. But was my best memories i've had with Blockbuster and spending so much time in there with my freinds. Renting games and movies and other stuff too. I really do miss walking to Blockbuster with my friends.