It's happened again!

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
EB Games....

Sheesh!

You're right about EB games! I just called them myself and they seem to be very flippant about it!

I can't stand smug service reps....I was tempted to say that I have spoken with a representative of Palisades and know for a fact that there is NO shipping delay from them!

He gave me same excuse as someone else had mentioned:

"When the manufacturer sets back the release date, there is little we as a retailer can do!"

And then he did that smug little laugh!! GRR!

GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!

Jim

Iggy35

Reaction score
I LOVE it when service reps are smug.
Gives me a reason to Punch em.
:big_grin:

IGGY35

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
You need a reason before you punch someone? This explanes so many lawsuits.

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
I also suspect that since EB has a large amount of items that have official street dates (like video games and DVDs), that their system has been built to assign a date to every item. If you look at their Series 2 preorders, they have dates assigned as well. We don't put out an official in-store date, so they just estimated based on our expected ship date. And since it was an estimate, that's why it keeps changing.

Generally it takes a retailer 4-6 weeks from the time that they receive goods in Hong Kong until it shows up at retail. Again, this is a generalization. SOme take shorter, some longer. If a shipment gets held up at customs, that could delay shipments to stores. Some (like EB) send all of their goods to a single warehouse for reshipment to the stores. OThers (like TRU) operate several regional warehouses.

THat said, we know that the shipments out of the factory have been made. ANd those were completed 2-3 weeks ago. Math majors out there, you can figure that goods will start appearing in hte next 2-4 more weeks. SOrry, wish we had better info. Once we get confirmation from some of the customers that goods are en route to store shelves, we will post up here at MC.

MH