It's Official: Disney completes Muppet acquisition

McFraggle

Reaction score
When Disney completed the transaction, they formed the Muppets Holding Company, where Chris Curtin basically oversees everything involving the Muppets and Bear.

Mark Filton

Reaction score
"While Disney may not be perfect, the company has done plenty good over the years."

What, like the teenage sex comedies, the abandonment of 2D animation and driving Pixar away?

You have hope? Disney makes kiddie crap. How can you hope for good old edgy Henson style Muppets from kiddie crap Disney? You like Lion King 1.5?

Can you hope for water from a rock?

:big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
While Disney as a corporate empire may have made some bad moves over the years, they still employ a lot of talented and creative people. My eternal optimism is telling me that the Muppets will find a way to shine at Disney!

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
While Disney as a corporate empire may have made some bad moves over the years, they still employ a lot of talented and creative people. My eternal optimism is telling me that the Muppets will find a way to shine at Disney!
Ditto!

Mark Filton

Reaction score
"The Muppets will find a way to shine?"

"Ditto!"

Give it up, guys :big_grin:

Jim is dead, and his own children don't want the legacy of Kermit. I can't believe it, but there you go. Their dead bodies have been sold off to a giant crap company headed by goofballs and idiots. Mr. Henson's special New York offices are being closed, hacked up, and sold off. Smell the coffee and read the writing on the walls: IT IS OVER.

Yes, I am willing to eat my words if Disney makes something good, but are you willing to eat YOUR words if Disney makes a piece of crap?

Daydreaming of happy times coming from Disney? AS IF THEY CARE?

Don't hold your breath :sleep:

Don't be surprised when they deliver garbage :boo:

Not even Oscar will want it :grouchy:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Mark Filton said:
Yes, I am willing to eat my words if Disney makes something good, but are you willing to eat YOUR words if Disney makes a piece of crap?

Daydreaming of happy times coming from Disney? AS IF THEY CARE?
I don't know as I ever said Disney wouldn't make a piece of crap. But has everything that ever came out of Henson been perfection, uh no. Mark, I think the jury is still out. Will Disney produce some crappy things? Yes. But that doesn't mean the acquisition doesn't have benefits.

King Jim

Reaction score
Disney bought other shows like Doug. That was just fine. Disney also bought Fox Family and turned it into abc family. That was just fine. The muppets will turn out alright. :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
Disney also bought Fox Family and turned it into abc family. That was just fine.
Well not that fine financially. Of course it wasn't doing well before, thus the sale. But hey they got the Power Rangers out of it! Heh heh, :sympathy:.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Does Disney also OWN prevous MUPPET material?

Someone explain to me about all the Muppet merchandise:

The toys, games, movies, recordings with Seseme Street (et al)...

Would Walt's grave STILL be turning? Does Disney now OWN the past?

-JDD

McFraggle

Reaction score
It doesn't own anything related to Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock, as far as the toys, etc. I don't really know.