ITV's Best Muppet Moments on March 11

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We received an e-mail with the following info in it. I'm sure some UK folks can shed some more info on this. According to the British newspaper, the Daily Mirror, UK channel ITV have something special lined up next week.

"It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights... well it will be at 7pm on Saturday 11th March, anyway. You see that's when ITV are screening the Best Ever Muppet Moments!

Hosted by Kermit the Frog as all shows should be, the programme will celebrate our favourite bits from the Muppet Show, complete with tributes from celebrity fans including Robson Green, Christopher Eccleston, Davina McCall, Angus Deayton and Michael Parkinson. We can't wait!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that this special get's either an american broadcast or DVD release. Or maybe it will be included as a special feature on a Muppet Show season set (assuming that Disney owns the rights to this special, but even if Disney doesn't, Disney could try to negotiate with the owners of the special to have it included as a feature. I think there have been DVD releases of movies and TV shows that included bonus features that were owned by other companies).

I wonder what moments it will include. I'm sure it will have Mahna Mahna, Happy Feet, and Turn The World Around, but I wodner if it will have anything unexpected, or semi-unexpected. Classic moments like I've Got Rhythym, the Muppet Labs: Gorillia detector sketch, and Good Grief! The Comedians a Bear!, moments that are a bit more random, like Lazybones and Witch Doctor, and maybe some moments that haven't even been included in any compilation videos, albums, or The Muppet Show Book.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.