J.K. Rowling stole from the Muppets!

Foreignman

Reaction score
I was just rewatching the Muppet Movie on DVD and noticed something interesting. Does anybody remember the name of the used car salesman in the Muppet Movie? MAD MAN MOODEY. I just think it's weird how freakishly close that is to Mad eye moodey from Harry Potter 4. Any thoughts?

Joggy

Reaction score
I always thought that was Mad Man MooNey, with an N. I could be wrong tho - I'm a foreigner myself. We're always wrong.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
I always thought that was Mad Man MooNey, with an N. I could be wrong tho - I'm a foreigner myself. We're always wrong.

I think you're right Joggy.

But then again, I haven't seen the movie recently (lately I've had the attention span of a 2 year old, and I can't even sit still for a car commercial, let alone a movie)...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Joggy,

Hey Man,
Yeah your right, Mad Man Mooney...

Has anyone noticed the Big Bird postcard in the EM Bus, You can see it when Dr. Teeth is going through the names for Police...

I got that Postcard !!

see ya

Foreignman

Reaction score
Oh, I stand corrected. Well thanks for not making fun of my mistake, I feel bad calling JK Rowling a thief, sorry there.

Bragi

Reaction score
I'm not sure any of the Americans in here will recognize this movie (but most of the Europeans should) - I was watching "Carry On Camping" a few days ago (don't ask) and there's a couple there - the Potters. I can't remember his name, but hers is Harriet Potter and when she's introducing herself, it usually sounds like she's saying "I'm Harry Potter". Coincidence? (-:

This movie is from 1968 or '69, and it's quite likely that Rowling grew up watching those Carry On movies.

Jessie

Reaction score
Harry Potter

Why is everyone cracking on Harry Potter? That's probabaly my favourite thing to do behind watching Fraggles-is reading Harry Potter. :0(

Joggy

Reaction score
I know a guy that looks exactly like Harry Potter. Only without the scar. And he has a miniscule ponytail.

Jessie

Reaction score
-Joggy-

Too bad your friend didn't play Harry in the movie. I didn't like the movie at all...