1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Janice Replica

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by MadameSmall, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

3. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

Thanks guys :flirt: Your support means a lot to me.
    Animal-- WOW! Bing gives me MUCH better images than Google! Thanks so much!

Also, to anyone in general: does anyone know the proportions of the original Janice puppet? I've got my basic sketches down for the head, and I'm trying to figure out just how big I should make it. Ideas?
  4. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

Yeah that makes sense haha XD Anyway, I've got the proportions down, and I'll add them up here once I finalize them~
  5. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I would have to image the Palsiades Janice action figure would also be good in helping you build a good Janice replica.
  6. TML

TML Active Member

LeanneFuller and KermieBaby47 like this.
  7. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Awesome! ! !:flirt:
  8. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

TML, I love how your Janice came out as well as all your other muppets. How's your Piggy coming along? Still in the progress stage?
  9. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Wow, your Janice blew me away!!!! You, my friend, have a gift! :crazy:
  10. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

11. TML

TML Active Member

muppetguy, ah, Piggy. She remains a work in progress. Trying to figure out the best way to cast the sculpture and what to use.
    TikiColadas likes this.
  12. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

OH MY GOD TML!!!!! That's amazing! Totes jealous~:flirt:
    Also, JJandJanice, what's the Palsiades Janice action figure? I have a picture of an action figure of her, but I'm not sure if it's the right one. I used a photo like that to get my measurements correct- which I WILL post here soon.
  13. jimmymontana

jimmymontana Member

14. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

Alright guys, Janice is in the beginning stages! Pics will come soon, but I figured I'd give the initial measurements now:
    Head: 6" tall X 7.5" wide X 5.4" deep
    Neck: 1.5" long
    Shoulders: 10" across
    Mouth: 5" long (incl. lips)
    Hands: 5" long
    Arms: 2" wide, 17.5" long
    Armpits: 2.5"
    Torso: 12.5" tall, 7.3" side-to-side, 2" wide
    Hips: 6.1" long, 4" wide
    Legs: 24.5" long (thighs 12.25" x 4") (calves 12.25" x 2.45")
    Feet: 8.4" long
    Total Height (minus feet): 4 feet 3 inches!!!!!!! (Only 1 foot shorter than me XD)

The measurements are constantly changing depending on materials and all, but this is about what they'll be. :flirt:
  15. muppetlover123

is there any news on this yet its been like 4 months
  16. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

Gosh, I feel so bad about this XD I haven't gotten very far, but I can happily say that the basic shape of her head is complete. I need to add some covering fabric over the ones going in and out of her mouth, and add in the details. The eyes exist, but I need to sew them on. The lips are next!
  17. muppetlover123

oh nice srry to rush u i was just wondering
  18. MadameSmall

MadameSmall New Member

Oh no you're not rushing me--I need to thank you, cause I didn't really know if people cared about my project. It's cool that people do though :)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  19. muppetlover123

20. spiderface

spiderface New Member