Japanese vending machines to hit the US

Lu775

Reaction score
I'm sure I saw a Disney one of these machines in a movie theatre here with Toy Story minis. But they were $2.00!
Darn, ever since they came out with the $2 coin vending machine prices went up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
You guys pay a quarter or 50 cents ? Sheesh - we pay £1.00 which is like $1.65. Maybe our stuff is a little higher quality or something, either that or we're being ripped as usual.
The Nicktoons characters are NOT Gotchamon (or whatever they are called) veding machine toys. They are simple U.S. gumball machine type figures. They aren't great quality, but they aren't terrible.

The toys in which the figures are derrived from are
Rugrats (duh)

Spongebob

Catdog

ANgry Beavers

Thornberries

and Hey Arnold

Sorry if I confused you. I meant to say they were not these Japanese vending toys.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>How much do you guys pay in these things ? I take it you can't put a dollar note in so what do you have to do ?<<<

Hey, what are you talking about luke? You guys Muppet wise get the uncut versions of episodes/specials, UK exclusives I love the Muppets, Mopatop, and Hoobs...plus those really slick cool Bear and Hoobs magazines....and th ebetter Muppet books unreleased here. Plus over time you guys have always had the cooler music.
Here its rap-rock and country, there its various brit indie rock, mod, electronic dance, etc.

>>>The Nicktoons characters are NOT Gotchamon (or whatever they are called) veding machine toys. They are simple U.S. gumball machine type figures. They aren't great quality, but they aren't terrible.<<<

Oh trust me folks, theyre bad quality...and Iwhile I love Nicktoons way more than Disney or Cartoon Network or even Looney Tunes...these just looked way too cheap. While Japan has had the cool vending mahcine, here in the states weve had those low rent ghetto red metal ones that dispence plastic sweage runoff for 50 cents. If Ken said from a production standpoint the Simpsons minis and blocko figures were made for cheap pennie son the dollar, I can just imagine the quality of these gumball toys.

As a side note, Wendys is now featuring MOC japanese import looking articulated super mario figures in their happy meals. I couldnt believe it. Hopefully this is a new trend.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

As a side note, Wendys is now featuring MOC japanese import looking articulated super mario figures in their happy meals. I couldnt believe it. Hopefully this is a new trend.
unfortunatly, that promotion ended (or is ending this week) they're starting Halloween Lionel trains.

Burger King is getting Halloween Simpsons again (next friday I believe) (and is also starting their bkrewards http://www.bkrewards.com )

and McDonald's Started Lego Galidor yesterday, and on October 25th they're starting Transformers.

and to keep on the subject, they've got the japanese import (really cool)(the ones I've seen are TOMY) vending machines at the mall (and in some Blockbuster Videos) they've had a lot of neat disney figures and things (and of course the little pokemon)

I kinda liked the nick toons figures, I got the whole set (even though they're in the 50 cent machines over here(here being the east coast))

radionate

Reaction score
OMG!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the BK simpsons stuff. I'm gonna have to bribe some folks to go eat Kids Meals from BK so I can get these toys. I just saw pics of the set, and while I don't think I'm going to get all 10, I do want some of them that weren't in the set last year, including the Alien, King Kong Homer, Mad Scientist dude (sorry, I'm not an uber Simpsons geek and don't know all the names of every character) and Ned Flanders!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe

Burger King is getting Halloween Simpsons again (next friday I believe) (and is also starting their bkrewards

OH MY LORD!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS IS IN AMERICA!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! Man! I got like 10 of them last year! (someone was supposed to give me Maggie, but never did!) I went all over town the last day of the promotion trying to find a BK that still ahd them. They only had Lisa... and I really wanted Krusty!
I saw them at a collector's store for a REALLY high price of 10 bucks, loose...NO KIDDING!!!!

Man! I gotta start gettin' mo' money!

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Speaking of vending machines..you know those games there where you try to pick up the stuffed animal with the claw thingy (okay, I'm too dumb to remember what they're called) but ANYWAY, I saw this big Kermit plushie in there...and I wanted it sooo bad, but it was so jammed in there between these stupid ugly clown plushies that scared me off!....::cries::

Drtooth

Reaction score
I went to BK today. No Dice. They Still have Joey Nimrod boy genius (?)!

My cousin has seen the set and he says there's a Nightmare on Elm Street parody Willie toy. Is this true?

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Mind you, Joey is my real name (but i shouldn't of said that)
But at least that show is a little more standable then the ***** ugly martians