Jareth's Summer Bash (Dorm fic)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is AWESOME, of course, Kellykins! I really loved Rowlf's costume exchange, very, very funny. Love it. Can't wait to see more. :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks. Running low on inspiration. Y'all need to get yerselves to the dorms, stat! LOL.

If no one else joins up by the weekend, I'll start writing the actual party chapters. That's really what I'm waiting on, besides a sudden attack of writer's block. :stick_out_tongue:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
CHAPTER FOUR

Kelly sat on a sofa in the basement common room, sadly holding a torn piece of black leather in her hands, sniffing it every once in awhile to remember the aroma she had come to love so much. Despite her best efforts to come to grips with the trials of romance, she was still having trouble getting over her losses.

She noticed a bunch of screaming from the hallway. She put the piece of black leather in her pocket and carefully walked to the archway. There was a motley crowd of beings yelling at the lone sentinel, brandishing a wooden sword covered in aluminum wrappings.

“Stay back!” yelled Red bravely. “None may pass here without my permission!”

Clifford, a purple dreadlocked “cool dude” catfish-faced guy, moved to the front of the crowd, speaking in a deep voice. “Look, man, let us through.” He pointed down the hall. “The bathrooms are that way.”

Red scoffed. “C’mon, Clifford – this is the Bog of Eternal Stench!”

Clifford shrugged and chuckled. “You got a crowd this big, this spot right here will be the Bog of Eternal Stench, and man – I ain’t cleaning that up!”

Kelly watched for a few moments and spoke up. “What’s going on?”

Red grinned. “We’re role-playing the Labyrinth movie thingie-ma-bob so we’ll be well prepared for the real thing!” she exclaimed happily. “I’m guarding the Bog of Eternal Stench, and if no one solves my riddle, they’ll stay here and stink for all eternity!”

“You’re … role-playing,” Kelly repeated mindlessly.

Ailie nodded and piped up, “Yeah, we do that every now and again, heeheeheehee.” She lunged for Red, picking her up and shaking her. She growled, sounding like a possessed Regan from The Exorcist. “Bathroom! Now!

Red struggled to get free. She shoved her belubious in Ailie’s face, forcing the teen girl to sneeze violently and let the poor air-deprived Fraggle go. “Breathe rock dust, Silly Creature!”

Ailie sneezed some more. She gagged. “Filthy … Fraggle,” she coughed. “Take … a … bath … ev’ry … once … in … awhile.”

Red laughed and brandished her sword again. “None may pass without my permission!” she exclaimed triumphantly, ignoring the silly one’s attempt to insult her.

Kelly sighed and rolled her eyes. “May we have your permission?” She shook her head. “I’ve seen the movie a million times.”

Red nodded and laughed heartily. “So have I! And I know better than to just ask for some silly thing like permission! In order to get that permission, you have to best me at the Thimblebeetle song!”

Kelly groaned. “That song’s worse to memorize than Yakko’s World!” she protested.

Bathroom! Bathroom!” Animal screamed at the top of his lungs, hopping up and down on one leg.

Kelly shrugged and smiled. “I don’t have to worry about it. That’s why I installed a bathroom in room 2.”

Everyone else groaned and pleaded … on their knees … for Kelly to assist them.

Kelly slapped her forehead and sighed. “Fine.”

Link Hogthrob gently pulled Clifford and Pepe away from the crowd. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Escápese de mí! Conseguí una fecha seria con la diosa de porcelana, h’okay?” Pepe retorted in Spanish.

Clifford stared at Pepe, who was half his size and had bright red hair and four bright orange arms. “Man, a ‘porcelain goddess’?”

Pepe grinned stupidly. “Yes, have you given her a present, too, today?” he asked in a playful tone.

Clifford shook his head. “Ick, man. Ick.”

Kelly nodded at Red. “Fine. Let’s go with it.”

Red nodded back. She remained upbeat. “And because everyone really needs to go to the bathroom and I’m not cleaning up that kind of mess either --.”

Bean Bunny, a small light brown rabbit with close-set black eyes, whimpered. “I think it’s too late.”

Link tugged on Clifford’s and Pepe’s arms again. “C’mon – let’s go to room 2. They have a bathroom.”

Clifford stared at the pig. “Wow, man, I didn’t know you were that smart.”

Link shrugged and nodded as they walked to Kelly’s room. “You know women, they always have well-equipped bathrooms.”

Pepe shook his head. “I don’t think she equipped it for what we’ll need it for, h’okay.”

Red gulped. “Let’s just get to the hard part, alright?” Kelly nodded and sighed. “Great, here we go, repeat after me!” She inhaled deeply and began to sing: “See the little simple, nimble Thimblebeetle's daughters doing curtsies like they ought'er as they sit 'n hit n' spit 'n spat 'n flit 'n flatten flowers on a pitted, spotted stone.

“That’s Mokey’s line,” Kelly noted.

“What?”

“C’mon, Kelly, sing the dang song!” Caitlyn belted out in agony.

Red glared at Kelly. “Play along, or they will all suffer and you’ll be known the world over as the One Who Made Everyone Pee Their Pants!”

Kelly closed her eyes and growled. “Okay, okay, fine!” She inhaled deeply, quickly shoving her brown hair out of her mouth so she wouldn’t gag. “See the little, simple, silly Fraggle get stampeded in the hallway ‘cause this verse is made up anyway and she gets spit and spat and flattened all because she just had to maddeningly block the bathroom door.”

Red gawked at Kelly, her jaw dangling as though it would just fall off. Everyone else just gawked too. Red cleared her throat nervously. She sighed and grinned. Nodding, she replied cheerfully, “You got moxie, kid. I like that.” She cupped her hands to increase her volume. “She passed! The hallway’s clear!” She screamed and jumped out of the way as over twenty beings stampeded into the bathrooms at the end of the hall. She sat down and said, “Whew.” She laughed at Kelly, who was laughing too. “Guarding the Labyrinth must be harder than I thought.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smirk: See the little beetle sitting on the stone...
See the little beetle siiiiitting on the stooone.

*Applauds. Another good one Kells.
Erm, "fecha" as in "date" as in an appointment? That'd be "cita".
Also, by "escápese de mi," did you mean "let me go!"? Mmm, I think that'd be "suéltame", with inverse and regular exclamation points at both ends of the exclamation. But you get points for knowing the accentuation.

Funny how all the guys just needed the bathroom at that same moment. Chef, did you put something in your food again?
:hungry Nu nu! *Sips soup. *Promptly falls over mock-dead like in the Liza Minelli episode.

Please... Post more!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Meh. Used an online translator. So sue me. :stick_out_tongue: The English was "Get away from me! Don't you know I got a date with a porcelain goddess?" And I took out the inverse punctuation 'cause I didn't know if it'd work, and I was getting REALLY tired of editing and getting the u201D thing.

edit: The even funnier thing is that everyone's forgotten each floor has a pair of bathrooms. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Next time, try Alt+NumLock173, it should work.
About that... I think we've all forgotten as some of us have personal baths in our rooms. At least the ones at the end of halls are an option.

Hope for more when you can get it up. And the last of RTL3. Thanks as always.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh my little Red...too funny! I loved it! I was laughing out loud!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
CHAPTER FIVE

Kelly peeked out of Room 2 early Saturday morning, wearing a green t-shirt with a wide-mouthed cobra on it from the Fort Worth Zoo and some blue jean shorts and white walking shoes she usually used for nursing clinicals. A long line of various beings had stretched to the common room down the hall. “Gee,” she thought, “this was a more popular idea than I thought.” She opened the door to their room, which was like a large apartment space rather than a single room. “Okay, everyone,” she told them, “let’s go!” Ed, Count, and Uncle Deadly, who was a blue dragon-like dead guy, were the first to enter. “Just down toward the end and to your right to the tunnel that leads to the Labyrinth,” she told them. She snapped her fingers. “Oh, yeah! Don’t forget to turn left. The right tunnel in the fork goes to Doozer Dome and Fraggle Rock.”

Ed had brought small glasses with him and a white cane with a red tip. His roommates stayed either at his side or just behind him. Ed had decided to come in a green polo shirt and dark blue jeans and black tennis shoes. Count von Count wore a black and floral cape and his red and yellow diagonal sash, but otherwise wore a t-shirt and some dark cargo pants, its pockets filled with something or other. Count rubbed his monocle on his t-shirt and placed it back over his left eye, grinning, always happy to go on a trip, as there would be new things to count on the journey and hopefully the destination. Uncle Deadly wore a ratty cloak over a polo shirt with red and white find swirly designs and black slacks with moth-eaten holes near the bottom. He grinned creepily at Kelly and nodded as he walked by.

Beth and Red were next, both wearing bright red tank tops and not-too-heavy backpacks, though Beth also wore khaki shorts and white walking shoes.

Caitlyn and Ailie both showed up after that, both wearing a black t-shirt with Jack Skellington and Sally kissing under the pale moonlight. They also wore some blue jeans and sneakers with reflective tape on them. Behind them, Zoot, dressed in his usual beatnik garb (floppy limp brown hat and oversized tight long-sleeved shirt and some corduroy pants, and Lips, dressed in an oversized white long-sleeved shirt with black wavy designs on the bottom and blue jeans and brown leather sandals.

Zoot barely watched where he was going, staring into a tote bag. “Are you sure we didn’t forget anything?”

Lips peered into the tote bag. “I thought we were bringing the Germ-X?”

Zoot snapped his fingers. “Man, I musta left ‘em in my other pants.” He brightened as he pulled out a small plastic tube. “It’s okay, though, I got some antibacterial wipes the other day and put them in the bag. We should be alright. The trip won’t last that long.”

Kelly smiled. “It’s thirteen hours.”

Zoot paled. He struggled to break free of the line and exit the room, even though he was near the tunnel. “Man, I gotta get a couple more of ‘em, then! I’ll never get outta there without contracting some God-awful bout of staph or something!”

Lips grabbed Zoot’s arms and dragged him to the tunnel entrance. “It’s okay, Zoot! Just don’t touch anything!”

“No, no! I’m gonna die!” Zoot continued to protest as Lips shoved and dragged Zoot out of sight.

Digit and Vicki shook their heads as they walked past, still wearing their My Fair Lady costumes. Kelly opened her mouth to protest that the invitation said to come casual, but she closed it again, a dark glint in her eye appearing. Maybe Vicki would twist an ankle in those high heels as she walked through some yeti dung or something. A grin flashed momentarily on Kelly’s lips. Waldo floated by, carrying Cotterpin on his back.

Kelly nodded to them. “Hey, where’s Lindbergh?”

Waldo stopped and glanced at Kelly. “Oh, he’s gonna take care of the pets that are around here for the ones that are going on the trip.”

Kelly smiled warmly. “That’s nice. Good luck, you two.”

Cotterpin waved. “See ya there!”

Dr. Teeth and Spamela showed up, wearing their typical outfits. Dr. Teeth was all into flashy colors and lots of gold bling all over his neck, while Spamela wore a light blue jacket over a tight red swimsuit.

“What’s happenin’, Kellah?” Dr. Teeth raspily blurted out, giving her five.

Spamela twirled a strand of her blonde hair in her fingers. “Um … Dr. Teeth? When you said this was an underground party … I was kinda hoping this wasn’t what you had in mind.”

“Hey, what were you expectin’, Spammeh?”

Spamela pouted. “Well, a rave maybe – in a nice part of town, where the dirtiest things are the ashtrays?”

Chamberlain found himself being shoved by Sweetums, a big shaggy brown monster with a fat lower lip and glow-in-the-dark yellow eyes the size of saucers, who only wore a loose sackcloth tunic and pants. Chamberlain squealed in protest, trying to dig his toe claws into the floor.

“Oh, shut yer trap!” Sweetums shot back in a gruff voice as he jostled the dark robe-wearing Skeksis. “Yer backin’ the whole line up!”

Alex and Bean finally became visible after Sweetums was out of the way. Alex had long dark hair. She wore a tight white shirt and blue jeans and some flip-flops. She tipped a pale fedora towards Kelly and smiled as she walked by. “Link an’ Animal’ll be here in a moment, as soon as Link can drag Animal away from the lawn sprinklers outside.” She giggled and motioned for Bean to continue walking, who wore a “Kiss me, I’m cute” yellow t-shirt.

Rizzo, a small brown rat, taller than Cotterpin and Waldo but smaller than Bean, jaunted up to the tunnel entrance wearing a blue and red sports jacket and baseball cap combo. He sighed. “A hole in da wall?” he asked. He pondered for a moment. “Can’t tell whether I should be happy in my comfort zone or insulted wit’ da stereotypical entrances for rats.” He shrugged, ate a chunk of pizza-flavored hot pocket, and scurried into the tunnel.

Ryan entered, dressed in a Jack Sparrow costume.

“Um,” Kelly noted, “actually, costumes aren’t necessary.”

Ryan nodded sadly and smirked. “Yeah, I know. Gonzo and laundry. Let your imagination work out why I only have this old costume to wear.” He grinned. “Unless I get to go naked. I think it’s high time we humans get the same ‘air it out’ policy that the Muppets get.” He shook his fist in the air. “It’s discrimination, I tell you, for the unfurred and unscaled!”

Gonzo bounded in, wearing a bright orange t-shirt with small silvery UFO’s printed all over, and garish multicolored pants, as well as his trademark sneakers with the black middles and the white ends. Camilla cheerfully clucked and preened as she walked by his side.

“Do we really have to go?” Pepe asked, wearing a beige t-shirt and a red hoodie.

Clifford, dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts and expensive-looking sunglasses, nodded. “Yeah, man, what’s a run-down place like Goblin City got for cool dudes like us?”

Kelly thought for a moment. “Well, there’s music, dancing, fairy girls --.” She stopped and looked around. No one was in the room. She could just spot the back of Clifford as he rushed past the tunnel entrance.

Pearl was the last to arrive, dressed in a blue sequined long-sleeve shirt and a blue and white cowboy hat. “Howdy, sugah,” she told Kelly. “Sorry I’m the last one up an’ about, but I got hung up on the way back from that Bar and Grill place down yonder.” She slapped her knee and grinned. “Hoo-ee, though … they sure do serve some good food down there!”

Kelly smiled. “Yeah, well, let’s go.” They entered the tunnel and turned left.

And forgot to lock the main door to the apartment.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
*laughs* You guys look funny! XPPP (Not directed to any of you, just an observation of my two roommates who are dressing up.)

This chapter is amazing. It has everything: Vicki and Digit not listening to the invitation, Ryan dressed as Jack Sparrow, Ailie and I wearing the same shirt (How the heck did that happen? :confused:), Zoot and Lips with the Germ-X dilemma... it's just hilarious.

Can't wait to see more of the story!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I was really confounded at how to dress Ryan ... so I figured since the pirate thing was his fault ... he should be dressed as a pirate :big_grin: