Jerry Nelson characters

cahuenga

Reaction score
Hi guys! im a huge fan of Jerry Nelson, i have read that he still doing the voices of his characters but not the puppeterin, Im wondering why? and who does the actual puppetering for his characters like the count, fat blue, ferd the wonderhorse and the rest? thanks!:sing::batty::search::

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, considering Jerry's age, I'm sure at this point, puppeteering can be a bit of a physical ordeal for him - I know Caroll Spinney has said he's going to keep doing Big Bird and Oscar until he can't hold them up anymore, but has mentioned that there's a little bit of difficulty with Big Bird's head being nearly five pounds.

Not sure as to who actually is doing the actual puppetry these days, but I'm sure it's probably one of the Muppeteers who don't really have a signature character on the show (like Jim Martin doing Oscar for scenes involving Big Bird and Oscar together).

theprawncracker

Reaction score
In the new 40th Anniversary book, there's a picture of Kevin Clash performing Fred the Wonder-Horse in a Marshall Grover sketch from this season. It mentioned in the caption that Jerry records the dialogue for it. :batty: