1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jerry Nelson Recasts

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Princess Melora, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

He is a nice fellow. I've had some chat contact with him via PM.
    He has the season one TMS set and he thinks it's a crime that they've edited some parts of Jim's puppetry TV series. I know there's really nothing we could do about the technicality of the music rights laws but I felt so pleased to hear him profess his personal disapproval.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Awww:cry:
  3. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

You could still try writing, I saw that he hadn't been on sence Feb, I wrote and he answerd within the next day.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

When a PM is posted to you at MC, the website sends an e-mail stating that you have a PM.
  5. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

What?! Dare I ask what happened?

Incidentally, I don't think it's prudent to broadcast his presence here, as it may cause him to be inundated with more PMs than he can answer. If he says it's ok, then that's different. I just don't want him to end up regretting reaching out to us. So far it sounds like we're doing well on justifying his faith.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  6. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

I'm sure none of us is going to send him a ton of PMs,I know I'm not.I was just planning to ask him for advice in getting a Muppet/puppet related job.
  7. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

All I did was ask him a few questions.
  8. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Don't worry about it Muppet Matt,we can PM Jerry as many times as we need t:confused:.k.;)
  9. The Whatevers

The Whatevers New Member

"Thank you Whatevers"
    "Oh no problem"
  10. Fozzie Bear

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=16449

Then, there were the auditions held last year.
  11. swcrazyfan

swcrazyfan New Member

I have been really researching recently about the muppets voices and have been worknig on doing many of them. I have also been reading about many of the performers and have found that many of the muppet performers are really cool guys. I hope to one day meet Frank Oz, Dave Golez or Jerry Nelson.
  12. Marky

Marky Member

Haven't we both been through the ringer on this?

LOL!
  13. Fozzie Bear

Please PM me full details of what you know, Beau.
    --------------
    I deleted some posts that I hadn't realized were around my own posts. I don't agree with acknowledging anything that could be personal information of performers, etc. When they want to be known they will let it be known.

We should be able to appreciate them for their hard work and dedication to providing us with entertainment after all these years without (for lack of a better word) stalking down their information.

If you want to contact the performers there are some addresses you can use in the MC FAQs, otherwise:

Jerry Nelson
    ICO Sesame Workshop
    One Lincoln Plaza
    New York, NY 10023

Should be a good means of writing a letter to him these days. I just can't agree that PMs or e-mails would be a good idea, mainly because I have trouble keeping up and I'm not even famous! 30+ e-mails a day are too much for me.
  14. Marky

Marky Member

I'm sure you'd be the only one doing that. No one else here would. That's a novel question and one that he'd likely be happy to answer. I commend you.
  15. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Well it's been while since I posted that, but about a week ago I sent Terry Angus(Butchcat) that particular letter. So maybe sometime soon he might reply.
  16. Marky

Marky Member

Terry Angus, nice fellow. He's the fellow I auditioned with.
  17. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

I read in Muppet mindset that Jerry Melson asid that he would love to do the fraggle rock movie.