JHC Responds To My Movie/Show Idea Email!

beaker

Reaction score
Well, I got an email from JHC today! Kind of ambiguous in the middle, with the usual I expected. My point in my email(where I gave some really interesting ideas for new diretions in a film and the upcoming Fox show) was to 'get the ideas out there'...so that if by coinkydink at least a few of these ideas make it into a production or whatevever, I can at least know my ideas werent for nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear ~Cory You,

It was good of you to send us your idea/suggestion. We're sure that you will understand that The Jim Henson Company has many projects in development and there are a number of potential consequences which can result from a suggestion which may turn out to be similar to a project we are developing or may develop. Accordingly, the general policy of The Jim Henson Company is not to accept or consider any ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever unless they are submitted through an agent or attorney with whom we have had prior dealings.

Thanks for writing and regards . . . The Jim Henson Company
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use world.altavista.com to translate from Legalese to English, you'll find that maybe there is some hope that JHC is thinking of innovation and not 'back to the kiddy specials and movies that will make us wince'. Well, that's the hope anyways, to get people thinking.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
We're sure that you will understand that The Jim Henson Company has many projects in development and there are a number of potential consequences which can result from a suggestion which may turn out to be similar to a project we are developing or may develop
Y'know Cory, if i didn't know better i'd think that's 'nudge nudge wink wink' language for 'we loved the idea and put a writing team onto the project as soon as we read it on the forum' ...... i bet we see an epic star studded production of 'Lord Of The Muppets' announced before Christmas ! :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah

they just didn't want you to feel to big-headed! they are doing exactly what you said...that's it!

beaker

Reaction score
Well, I don't wanna read too much into that response(My email, of course spell checked twiced with good use of word structuring, clearly spelled out a few new ideas I have had recently...specifically several ingredients that would ensure the next film is nothing short of a masterpiece, and the new show becomes a huge hit)

I realize though...after being on this forum for 4 years, things have a miraculous way sometimes of sinking into the JHC collective.

Luke

Reaction score
I realize though...after being on this forum for 4 years, things have a miraculous way sometimes of sinking into the JHC collective.
Yeah, like having your photo taken hugging Sweetums at Muppetfest .......... i wonder who came up with that idea ? Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Jackie

Reaction score
It's a standard mail. I got one from the WWF years ago too...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
You got an email from the WWF about The Jim Henson Company's policy on project suggestions??

LOL!!!

:stick_out_tongue:

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah, like having your photo taken hugging Sweetums at Muppetfest .......... i wonder who came up with that idea ? Hmmmmm :rolleyes:
Oh yeah...another one of those JHC 'coinkydinks' hehe.
Man, either they read the forums or their think tanks are unusually on the same wavelengths as some of our suggestions.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Oh yeah...another one of those JHC 'coinkydinks' hehe.
Man, either they read the forums or their think tanks are unusually on the same wavelengths as some of our suggestions.
So do you think there is a Bill Barretta Borrowers type club inside of the JHC?

:big_grin: