Jim Cummings

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't forget "The Wrong Coast" and "Maple Shorts!" Even though she doesn't do much of it, she does have rather nice voice-over talent.

There's a voice-over demo she did at her agency's website, but apparently it's down now.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Xerus, you'll have to forgive poor Snowthers for being overzealous. It's hard for him to remember sometimes that not everyone knows who she is (I don't think it is possible for him to imagine such a thing!). :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
...the sun'll come out...tomorrow...bet you bottom... *faints*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh man, I was bumping this thread with the intent of something legit, and I see what a big idiot I was over Kathy back in the days... :embarrassed: Love that woman, but I honestly didn't realize I was that big an idiot over her, lol.

Anyshoe, what I was wanting to mention is that it seems like a lot of commercials for various products (including promos for shows and movies) sound like they have Jim Cummings as the announcer; I'm not for sure though, do you have any insight on this Cullen?

Xerus

Reaction score
Oh man, I was bumping this thread with the intent of something legit, and I see what a big idiot I was over Kathy back in the days... :embarrassed: Love that woman, but I honestly didn't realize I was that big an idiot over her, lol.

Anyshoe, what I was wanting to mention is that it seems like a lot of commercials for various products (including promos for shows and movies) sound like they have Jim Cummings as the announcer; I'm not for sure though, do you have any insight on this Cullen?
Well, I have heard Jim do voice promos for those old Kids' WB shows. Alternating with Kevin M. Richardson.

These days, Jim is doing voices for the Curious George cartoon series like Chef Pasghetti, Mr. Quint, and Jumpy the Squirrel.

I believe that deep voice you hear in a lot of serious movie promos or Cartoon Network drama shows on Toonami is Peter Cullen.

And don't worry about your past posts, Snowthy. You were just expressing your fascination with Kathy Greenwood. Just like I had obsessions with past shows like Pokemon, Out of Control, and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, and i still like watching the Tomatoes reruns on youtube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't even watch Cartoon Network anymore, lol.

I mean commercials like... well, the latest Cheez-It commercials, or even promos for movies coming to either theaters or DVDs... I don't know, it just sounded like Jim to me... kind of like Cat from CatDog, but without the cartoonish texture to it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something very interresting I found out not too long ago. While Jim played Dr. Robotnik in the famous Sonic SatAM series, he was actually going to play Robotnik (as well as a few additional robots) in the original concept for the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog... here's the footage

I'm guessing this was before ABC wanted a different direction... that series featured US voice performers (Rob Paulsen, Kath Sourcie, and Charles Adler were in the show)... I'm guessing had they made this Sonic series the ABC Saturday series, they wouldn't have used a Canadian cast.

But I gotta tell ya... as much as I love Jim Cummings, I think Long John Baldry's AOSTH Robotnik was far more memorable, and he had a LOT more fun in that role. Honestly, I just can't picture Jim saying "Snooping as usual, I See!" as wacky as John did it. At least with the voice Jim used... I'd say that some sort of snotty, upperclass version of Pete would have worked.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's something very interresting I found out not too long ago. While Jim played Dr. Robotnik in the famous Sonic SatAM series, he was actually going to play Robotnik (as well as a few additional robots) in the original concept for the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog... here's the footage

I'm guessing this was before ABC wanted a different direction... that series featured US voice performers (Rob Paulsen, Kath Sourcie, and Charles Adler were in the show)... I'm guessing had they made this Sonic series the ABC Saturday series, they wouldn't have used a Canadian cast.

But I gotta tell ya... as much as I love Jim Cummings, I think Long John Baldry's AOSTH Robotnik was far more memorable, and he had a LOT more fun in that role. Honestly, I just can't picture Jim saying "Snooping as usual, I See!" as wacky as John did it. At least with the voice Jim used... I'd say that some sort of snotty, upperclass version of Pete would have worked.
Wow, thanks for sharing Dr. Tooth. :smile: I too have always imagined Jim voicing Dr. Robotnix in the silly weekday version of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Seeing both Sonic versions makes me think of the same year Hanna-Barbera introduced two new wild cartoon series. The silly syndicated Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog series reminds me of the silly 2 Stupid Dogs series. And the serious ABC Sonic the Hedgehog series reminds me of the serious SWAT KATS series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The silly one was what they were originally going for, actually. ABC wanted an action style series. And I wonder who at Sega or DIC said they wanted 2 different series... I wonder if they had some commitment for a syndicated show as well. Something like that never ran concurrently. Super Mario 3 came about while reruns of Super Mario Super Show were still being aired in syndication... but the two never were made at the same time.

As for AOSTH, you can see clips of the pilot in another episode (I forget which one) and the closing credits use a scene of animation that was in the original pilot.

And here's something to add to the confusion:

Here's the original original concept that didn't get into the pilot stage

Stylistically, it looks like a marriage of the silly series and the action oriented series. Seems the SatAM series borrowed some leftover concepts.