Jim, Frank and Michael talk about performing Muppets

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I found Jim, Frank and Michael Talk about the Muppets on youtube. They talk about :smile: . How they write, film, and perform him. :smile: even explains how he looks at the camera. This is rare as it was ment for the Jim Henson Company to see only. Here is the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPKng8j9Mnw&mode=related&search= . I post it here as well as in the Muppets on youtube thread as it explains the Jim Henson Companys techniques for performing puppetry and is a good learning tool. Enjoy.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Hahaha! The look on Kermit's face when Jim calls him a glorified sock puppet is PRICELESS! ...Of course, that was *Jim* and not *Kermit* because *Kermit* is a *coughpuppetcough* but just shows you what a master Jim was, not that we, you know, didn't know that already... hehe

That was wonderful, thanks a lot! I love seeing behind the scenes stuff soooooo much.

My big question is, if this was meant for JHC people only, how'd it end up on youtube?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Great find! I never realized that the Muppets "lean slightly forward" to be more realistic, like they're hunching as opposed to having perfect posture.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Now I don't feel so bad for leaving Muley in a slanted position most of the time. Yay.

Good find and great video. Too bad Frank and Jim don't say as much in this video.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
One wonders where the rest of the video is, and what else they discuss.

CPR PUPPET

Reaction score
Fantastic video!!!. This really brings things down to a ground level,were puppetry is at its best.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The title at the front of the video indicates that this was produced for internal use, does anyone know if this was one of the videos created for training purposes? It certainly seems to be.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't know that it would be a training video as much as something meant for performance and merchandisers. A lot of it is about posture and design as well as puppeteering.