Jim Henson cameo "Into the Night"

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I was looking at Movie Hound's Guide to the Movies today at the library and I looked Jim up and found that he was mentioned to have a cameo in the 1980 movie: Into the Night. Anyone ever seen this? Also the didn't mention Labyrinth in that guide.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What a coincidence!

Earlier tonight i was going to start a thread about Jim Henson's cameo in this movie. According to the internet movie database, he played Man On Phone. I haven't seen this movie, so I don't know what his character does (though judging by how his character is listed, I guess he speaks on the phone).

Can anybody tell me if his character is actually seen or if he is just heard in a voice-over?

I have read that this movie features cameos by many film directors. It was also directed by John Landis. Frank oz made cameos in many movies directed by John Landis (and according to the internet movie database, this movie and another movie by John Landis has a scene where a voice-over mentioned a Frank Oznowinc, which is Frank Oz's real name), Richard Hunt made a cameo in Landis' movie trading Places (which also featured a cameo by Oz), his movie An American Warewolf in Londin featured a clip from an episode of The Muppet Show (and not only that, but because of this scene, kermit and Miss Piggy got credited as themselves.... oh, and Frank Oz had an on-screen cameo), his movie The Blues brothers (featuring a cameo by frank oz) had a scene where a guy held a grover doll at a toy store and asked somebody if they had it in a Miss Piggy, and John Landis had a cameo in The Muppets take Manhattan, not to mention the fact that John Landis actually performed Grover in the finale of The Muppet Movie.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It's probably been 20 years since I saw this movie, so I don't remember Jim being in it. But I was in it! I was an extra on the movie crew within the movie.

:stick_out_tongue:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I already asked this same question here when I read that he also appeared in "Ernest Goes To Camp". It's so weird!

From that thread:
SlamPot said:
Very obscure muppet-related fact. In "Into The Night" Jim makes a short appearance. He's just a guy who is making a phone call when somebody grabs the phone away from him. John Landis loves to use famous people in cameo roles. In the same movie there is an announcement on an airport loudspeaker system asking for "Frank Oznavitch" - which is Frank Oz's real name.
In another great John Landis film - the Blues Brothers - Frank Oz plays the grim-faced property officer in the opening prison scenes.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Really stange isn't, Minormuppetz? What movie did Frank have a voice over cameo in?

I remember your post about that Vic. Didn't it end up that Jim turned out not to be in the movie after someone watched it?

How did John Landis and Jim meet? Did they ever collaberate on any projects other than appearing in cameos in each other's films? How did they meet?

What scene did you appear in Was Once Ernie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Really stange isn't, Minormuppetz? What movie did Frank have a voice over cameo in?
I didn't say Frank oz had a voice-over cameo. I said that in this and another movie, his real name was mentioned by an announcer during an airport scene. I forget the name of the other movie, but it is listed in the trivia section for Into The Night at the internet movie database.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
What scene did you appear in Was Once Ernie?
All I remember about it was that I was part of the movie crew and there was a car that drove up into scene. I know that's not much help, but I think I was wearing a silver satin crew jacket. I don't even have the movie to be able to look at it.

The main thing I remember was seeing Michelle Pfeiffer, who was as tiny as a stick.

Oh, yes, the other story I just thought of was John Landis throwing a fit because there was a pay phone on a telephone pole, but it was just a prop phone. The problem was, the pole kept jiggling, giving away the gag. It took a long time to get that shot.

:stick_out_tongue:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Richard Hunt made a cameo in Landis' movie trading Places (which also featured a cameo by Oz)
Richard Hunt also had a cameo in the movie "Oxford Blues" as a hotel bellhop or luggage porter and friend/co-worker of Rob Lowe's character. I've seen his bit in "Trading Places" (TNT and TBS have aired it a few times, and only once can I remember it not being edited for time, and thus showing Richard's entire part), but haven't yet seen his performance in 'Oxford Blues'.

-Kim