Jim Henson Co. Heading into Anime Industry

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I found this article on Anime News Network (www.animenesnetwork.com). Looks like with the Tokyopop deals concerning Labyrinth and Dark Crystal, the JHC will head into more entertainment related to the anime industry.

Jim Henson Studios to produce Parasyte (2005-09-20 13:32:39)
According to this article at The Hollywood Reporter, Jim Henson Studios, along with Angry Films' Don Murphy, is producing the upcoming Parasyte movie, based on the popular manga. Source: Jagged*Team

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I just saw a Sesame Street comic (well, sorta) from Tokyopop at the local comic shop today! :smile:
(It wasn't exactly a comic- It was pictures from the show with words pasted in word bubbles on them. It starred Zoey, Elmo and Gabi flying kites.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of anime (I tried watching an entire episode of Pokemon once, and could only take about ten minutes before going crazy lol), but this is very interesting news.

This is awesome for Jim Henson, as, IMO, it'll definitely broaden their horizons and, as a result, slowly build up more exposure for their entire company in the long-term, not just anime projects.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well according to one of those other Henson articles in The Hollywood Reporter, they do have some animated projects in the works.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really like this idea at all. Why use the anime style? Just animate the characters the way they were meant to look. In anime, all the characters look the same.

Xela

Reaction score
I think it's cool; it's something different, and I know it will attract more people.

And, not all anime is the same. :smile:
That's like saying all cartoons are drawn the same!

But then again, that's my opinion, and I happen to like anime... :smirk:

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
me too anime rocks!

and in my opnion also, anime doesn't look the same. different anime and manga artists have different styles of art. ^^ :smile: