Jim Henson Forgotten?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like Jim Henson's memory is being forgotten? I mean you don't see "Jim Henson's The Muppets" since Disney bought the rights. You just see "Disney's The Muppets" I think its quite sad to be honest. I think people have forgotten the real reason why the Muppets are even here today is because of one mans dream. They don't even talk about him much when Kermit is doing interviews. I feel like the memory of what made my childhood was because of Jim Henson. To me he will always be Kermit. It's why I got so choked up in The Muppets because of how much I miss Jim and wish he could've seen how even today The Muppets are still going strong.

Borples

Reaction score
I don't think he's being forgotten. Certainly not by anyone here! :smile: But not in the world at large, either. Do you remember his 75th birthday last year? There was quite the fuss, for a guy who's been gone for 20 years. Google did their thing. There were tributes all over the internet. He was even trending on Twitter, for whatever that's worth. And there were non-internet events here and there around the country, yes? I don't remember the details of those, but I'm pretty sure I'm not making it up.

Jim's face and voice were both in the new movie. Lots of reviews mentioned that seeing the picture of him in Kermit's office was one of the more moving parts of the film. And I did see quite a few interviews where Kermit was asked about him. They can't do too much of that, though, because of the nature of the Muppets. I mean, all Kermit can really say is that Jim was a great guy, and then make one of several jokes. (he raised me to new heights, he had a hand in everything we did, I don't know what he did but he was always around)

I think as long as there are people who love the Muppets (and there are So. Many. People.), Jim will never be forgotten. And I think he would be/is pround of the Muppets and their continued success, and would want them to go on being joyful and zany, and singing, dancing and making people happy. That's the best way to remember him, isn't it?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I guess your right...I guess I just miss seeing in the title "Jim Henson's The Muppets" ya know? I mean that's what I grew up seeing was "Jim Henson's The Muppets" not "Disney's The Muppets" I think I speak for everyone who grew up with them that I miss Jim alot since this movie has been released. Even when I see Kermit on TV now I still sometimes get teary eyed missing and hearing Jim's voice. But your right as long as The Muppets are still around Jim won't be forgotten. I'm sure Jim is putting on all kinds of shows where he is now. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think fans are doing a good job of keeping his memory alive. :smile:

Certainly Disney isn't helping much with its bizarre phobia of admitting the Muppets are puppets with performers behind them (or under them, heh). And even earlier Henson projects where the DVD commentaries were with the characters and not the performers. It's nonsense since Jim was always eager to share behind the scenes segments with the public. And in fact the Disney Channel used to do it as well back when it was a half way cultured station, lol. :stick_out_tongue: