Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight on Muppet Central Radio

Muppetto

Reaction score
curiosfish said:
i was just listeing to the muppet radio and it had the "phenomina" song. what is that from? its really great
Do you "Mahna Mahna?" It's from Episode 17 of The Muppet Show from the first season. Here's some more info about the performance:

http://www.poppyfields.net/poppy/mahna.html

And you can download the mp3 of the song by right-clicking here and choosing "Save Target As"

As for Boober Gorg's post that it was from the Sandra Bullock episode of Muppets Tonight, I believe a new version of it was performed on that episode as a tribute to the original.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi wokkanator,

Welcome to Muppet Central.

Mahna Mahna was actually on episode 1 of the Muppet Show.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/guides/episodes/tms/season1/1_prowse.shtml

It first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1968, then Sesame Street in 1969. There are actually seven different Henson versions of the song currently playing on Muppet Central Radio, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

So yes, I guess we do "Mahna Mahna".

jediX

Reaction score
the wokkanator said:
Do you "Mahna Mahna?" It's from Episode 17 of The Muppet Show from the first season.
Actually, its from the first episode of season one; Juliet Prowse :wink: [at least going by production number -- not sure about aired #]

And to answer your question, I do.:zany:

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey,
In my constant listening of late, I have discovered the brilliant "Song From Kermit". I feel like this almost belongs with "Bein' Green" and "Rainbow Connection", as a meaningful signature song, though it may not have gotten nearly as much attention. Since I find it so great, and never know when it will be on, could I possibly get a copy of the song? In addition, it was really great hearing Hugga Wugga, again, though it would be better to see it, as well. If I could get that, in video form, or at least the audio, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot, and take care.

-Squigiman

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciate the note. Let me see what I can do.