Jim Henson Hour Character Index

jediX

Reaction score
Well, as I said, the guide is FAR from complete -- what I have up right now is an in-progress thing. It takes a ridiculously large amount of time to go through every episode doing a guide and character list. In fact it took me 2 hours to get the first 15 minutes of "Food" which isn't even complete.

As for a breakdown of questions:

1) I have only begun to do episode appearances. Characters that I know that appeared in every show get the "all shows" title, but others that have one or two are from my recollection. These will be updated as I progress through the analysis of the series and production of guides.

2) I'm doing extended filmographies for characters that first appeared in JHH. Also, any character voiced by Jim has a bit more extended of a filmography up until the point where someone else took over.

3) Names are not exact but are my best assumption based on the material given in the show and other sources. ToughPigs isn't exact, its a reference. They based it off the resources available-as am I. I'm sure in the Henson archives the graffiti characters have specific names but this info is not available to me, so all I can do is assume.

3.1) They are the Goldfarbs but Toughpigs calls them the husband and wife. See above.

3.2) He has no name, so I chose what he is referred to as.

3.3) JoBeth, Jo Beth, whatever, doesn't matter.

3.4) The lobster is an individual entity that I have not gotten to discussing yet.

3.5) When I run through that episode for episode appearance, I'll check.

3.6) Teddy is from one of the Bootsie sketches.

3.7) Off the top of my head, "Nick" is from "Song of the Cloud Forest" and "Shopping Woman" is from "Food".

4) As I said, I don't have an infinite about of time to catagorize characters right now. I'm hitting the major characters first then working my way down.

5a-c, e, i) Read above comments.

5d) There are 2 ways I could have catagorized the guide: breaking down to "lastname, firstname" or leaving "firstname lastname" -- I chose the latter. Titles do not count as part of someone's name.

6) I wouldn't recommend taking anything right now until I finish the list and change names to be correct. If you use descriptions in your site DO NOT PLAGARIZE. Cite me as a source if you do use descriptions, and I can get you the info for that if you want :smile:

And now its time to go lay down again, being sick stinks :frown: Oh, and Count, if you want to contact me directly my Yahoo sn is on my profile.

jediX

Reaction score
Ok, as for episode guides, what one do you people think I should write next?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Write up the episode guide for whichever episode follows in order the last episode guide you posted. That way, you'll be one episode closer to finishing off the episode guides and you'll know your place when coming back to write up the next one.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

jediX

Reaction score
Well, most of my episodes are on one tape but that skips an episode, so once Food is finished, Monster Telethon will be next.

jediX

Reaction score
You WANT that episode next, right?

Why not just vote on one: if there's a JHH episode you want me to do a guide for post it here. I also plan to eventually do "Song of the Cloud Forest", the movie portion of "Dog City", and "Miss Piggy's Hollywood", so those are also options right now.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that there were other classic characters on JHH like the EM (in one ep) and the Chef as well as Link. I noticed that Frank Oz didn't have much to do with the show. Where did you get the episodes, especially the unaired ones, on tape?

jediX

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Wow, I didn't know that there were other classic characters on JHH like the EM (in one ep) and the Chef as well as Link. I noticed that Frank Oz didn't have much to do with the show. Where did you get the episodes, especially the unaired ones, on tape?
Most of my episodes my Dad taped when they were originally on and the others are from Nickelodeon UK.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few more things, as usual...

1 JediX, it's not that we've lost interest in your project. It's just that we're waiting for you to let us know that it's been finished so that we can go there and read up on everything. Please do continue your efforts to get a complete JHH guide online.
2 MuppetPro, which character named Zelda are you refering to? There wasn't one quoted in what I read of those two episodes over at www.toughpigs.com. If you mean Zelda Rose, then it's possible she might have made a cameo appearance. But it's too late for me to know for sure since I never saw the episodes when I still had better sight, and I wouldn't be able to tell know with the limited sight I still have left.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

jediX

Reaction score
This will be the last regular update to the episode guide. The rest of the guides will go up when they are all completed -- and I guarantee: you won't be dissapointed :wink: Give me about 2-3 weeks to get the other guides written.