Jim Henson Hour Trade

Mistershow

Reaction score
Ok ok, so I posted in this forum not too long ago about anybody here who could possibly have ALL episodes of The Jim Henson Hour....Needless to say, I didnt get a response....So i'm going to up the ante a little...Ok, i'm going to be attending the San Diego Comic Con this year and it just so happens that palisades is going to be selling EXCLUSIVE muppet figures! Namely the Super Beaker and Adventure Kermit figures, which you can check out in detail here: http://www.action-figure.com/Article11615.html

Anywho, my deal is, ANYONE who can supply me with ALL the episodes of the beloved short lived Jim Henson Hour, will recieve one of the exclusives that can ONLY be purchased at the San Diego Comic Con!! Now if thats not a sweet deal, then i dont know what is!!! So please let me know if this sounds reasonable to any of you, and be swift, the Comic Con is in less than 10 days!! :smile:

Thank you, Steve.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey man,

I don't have these episodes for you, but I am also in (desperate) need of an Adventure Kermit. I have posted for this over at the Palisades Message Board, but also got no responses.

I wonder if you would be willing to buy one for me at the ComicCon? I really wanna go, but I'm in Northern Cali, and already took vacation before I found out about it (and Sarah Michelle Gellar too!).

I have successfully traded here at Muppet Central with member BornBlue, and have great eBay feedback under ID miss_lucienda (wife's account).

Good Luck on finding someone with the episodes you're looking for.

Mistershow

Reaction score
MUST READ:Comic con exclusive/Jim Henson Hour post

Well, i'm not really too interested in trading for anything other than The Jim Henson Hour....It depends on what you have to trade though, i know how fast these figures are gonna sell at the con so i can understand how badly you want one. Let me know what you have, just post it here...but keep in mind, i am BENT on getting the jim henson hour episodes so i can make DVD's of them and give them to people who also want them as badly as i do!

Xerus

Reaction score
I got the entire Jim Henson Hour series on tape and I'm willing to trade for anyone who wants them. I like trading for anything that's rare on video. Or anything else that's rare.

Mistershow

Reaction score
Jim Henson Hour

Well Xerus, I'm willing to put top dollar on the fact that these Comic Con Exclusives are gonna be pretty dern rare after the con, they will be INSTANT collectors items. Well, you have what i want SOOOO badly, and i can get you one of the exclusives from the con if you want to make a deal!! And for no extra hassle or money, I'll convert all of your episodes into high quality DVD's with menus, and chapter selection for FREE!! Because the Jim Henson Hour should live on!! I hope we can work something out Xerus, it would be a dream come true to see this amazing show again......

thanks, Steve.

Xerus

Reaction score
Your welcome. Oh yeah, I forgot. There are a couple of flaws in my tapes. One of the Storyteller episodes and Jim's closing words gets interupted by a weather test pattern a couple of times. And the beginning of one of the Muppet Television episodes gets scratchy and unclear at first, but for just a second. Could that be a problem if you want to put them on DVDs?

Mistershow

Reaction score
It shouldnt be a problem at all, the only thing that I would be worried about are the people who would want to keep the original picture quality for when they request DVDs. I dont mind at all, as long as its watchable. If worse comes to worse, I could always ask others for those episodes in which the quality is too faulty to convert to DVD. Other than that, it sounds to me like we have a deal here Xerus!! Just let me know what exclusive you'd prefer, and we can work out the necessary info asap! Thanks again!

-Steve

Xerus

Reaction score
Okay Steve, we got a deal. It'll probably take me a couple of weeks to get them all taped and sent to you since I get really busy with work and home and there are 12 episodes each an hour long. But eventually I'll try to get them to you soon.

And as for trading, I don't know much about action figures you're offering. But if you have anything Gonzo related or possibly anything rare on video you'd like to trade, that'd be okay with me.

I hope we can work out a good deal. :smile:

Xerus

WiGgY

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, Super Beaker WILL be available through the Palisades Collectors Club and will likely go on ebay as well.

Mistershow

Reaction score
ok sounds good Xerus! Its ok that it may take a while to send those tapes, i wont get back from the comic con until the 25th of this month, leaving on the 21st. As for gonzo collectors stuff, the Adventure Kermit, which is basically an Indiana Jones Kermit, comes with a Gonzo Golden Idol. Which is a mini version of the golden idol in Raiders of the Lost Ark. But i assure you, that figure will be VERY hard to find once the con is over. As for the Super Beaker, they will only be selling a certain amount of them, then whatever is left they'll sell on the palasades fan club. Anyway, you'll be getting a very nice exclusive figure, and if you want, i can see if there's any cool exclusive gonzo stuff too. Ok so, i'll send you my address and go ahead and send the tapes when you get the chance. When i get them, i'll send off the figure, or whatever else i can find that's gonzo, or rare tape, related! Thanks again!

-Steve.