Jim Henson Lecture from 1987 on iTunes

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Jim Henson Academy of Achievement I think it's called, it's under podcasts. I downloaded last night I think and I decided to listen to it well I got to finish listening to it. First I heard applause then Jim's voice and my broke a giant smile on my face. WOW, what a rare find. Before I listen to the rest of it, I wanted to come on here to let everyone know about it. :smile:

UPDATE: Just listened to it. It's about 10 minutes of unedited audio of a short speech by Jim in front of a live audience at a puppetry convention or conference somewhere. It's really amazing and totally recommend it for those who have iTunes, it's free. I think it's under "iTunes U", Jim even briefly performs some of his famous Muppet voices too. :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes. I downloaded this a while ago. (Like last March or something) I don't know if I ever mentioned it here...
Everyone here should download that, I don't know if it's well-known, I never heard it before.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Just downloaded it! Great way to ring in the end of the world.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm always looking for Jim Henson interviews and audio and print interviews, he's my #1 hero and I just love to hear his philosophy. I like to consider myself a historian kind of, I've got all the books, but what's so interesting is as soon as I thought that I've seen everything form Jim's time, something new comes up that I've never seen before. It's so exciting. Esspecially Jim's Red Book (the new book that just came out, I love it and the blog that still continues, I check it every single day :smile: )

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I know. The JHC has so much information, interviews, and clips, that have never surfaced. We need to storm the archives!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'd love to do something with The Jim Henson Legacy in some way. I know Jim's history off the top of my mind. I've studied Jim's life since I was a kid. There's so many great things about Jim. His talent, his sense of humor, being so caring to people, his business sense and his creativity through out his life. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
Cool, I'll have to download this. It sounds interesting.