Jim Henson on Canadian Channel in 1983

mupcollector1

Reaction score

I'm not sure if anyone posted this or seen this or not but whenever I see footage of Jim Henson I've never seen before, I just love to share it with who ever I can. lol

It's really cool because Jim is being interviewed in Doc's workshop, part of the Fraggle Rock set. :smile:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
If this was in 83, it seems like he aged really quickly from 84-86. The stress of TDC and Labyrinth took quite a toll on him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it's like David Lazer once said, Jim would execute like five different projects at the same time, while mentally preparing other projects ten years down the line (Caroll Spinney even said it took the Henson kids six or seven years to complete the ideas Jim had before he died), that kind of workaholicism can take more out of a person than they may realize... also considering how both DC and Labyrinth flopped, after Jim poured so much of his heart and soul into those movies to prove he could do more besides traditional Muppet fare, yeah, that was a blow for him as well.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Well I don't Jim wore himself out with all his many projects, in fact I think it energized him. There's a quote he said that working is as satisfying as much as enjoying a good meal. But yes, the mid 80s were a rough time for him due to Dark Crystal and Labrynth not being much of a success with the audience. But he made The Storyteller in 1987.